• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stewart - 8 carries

megadeth078

our run game is awful. you can't just pound it all day long when you're averaging like 2.6 ypc. I mean nothing really gets done when we run the ball.

Nothing got done when we passed the ball either...

Stewart - 2 receptions. Not utilizing him at all when trying to stay in the game is just embarrassing.

Our intermediate passing game is non existent as well.

Try watching the game on a play by play ticker one week and you'll laugh at how every single play is

"Cam Newton pass incomplete deep left"

"Cam Newton pass incomplete deep right"

"Cam Newton sacked for loss of 16 yards to Carolina 8"

"Carolina punt to Denver 48, returned for 36 yards to blah blah blah"

Every single drive. It's honestly as bad as the run run pass punt era of years passed. I just don't understand why we don't utilize the intermediate area of the field, we have the personnel to do so quite well, especially against a team like Denver. Some three and five step drops with some routes to Olsen would have won this game for us but every passing play was Y deep hook/skinny post X Go or some other crap with Gross spending the whole game flailing about like a toddler whining on the floor of the grocery store.

It's mind boggling that we spent all that money on RBs when it's pretty obvious that Chud had no desire to utilize them.

What's mind boggling is you had a GM (Hurney) who hires a staff (Rivera et al) who doesn't use the roster as the GM must have intended for it to be.

They didn't discuss this before the hire?

I dont know maybe may I am not paying attention .... but it sure seam liked to me today after the frist two drives where we saw an I-Formation and Cam under center more often than not, that from there on he was pretty much in the shotgun on every play, and that was way early in the game. I just dont get it. This offense seams to better when Cam is under center, and we go with a two TE set.

Archived