• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Brian Murphy fired as special teams coach

Car123

lol

made a thread about needing to fire murphy after that return for a TD (the 2nd that holliday had returned on us if you inlcude the one he ran back in preseason) and some guy said he knew someone was going to overreact with a thread like that because of one play.

too funny.

The sad part is, I'm fairly sure 95% of our fans watching knew exactly what was going to happen once that punt went up... It just looked REALLY bad before he even caught it.

murphy was fired and chud not fired (yet) because murphy's was the easiest to fire and fill.

replacing chud....not so easy.

who's going to replace him? what's going to happen with the playbook that the team has been working on al year? who's gonna run it?

Just saw a small part of the presser. So what did Ron think went wrong with the game? Medlock missed the field goal.

Paraphrasing, Ron said we were playing well until the field goal miss and that apparently depressed the players so much that we got blown out in the 2nd half.

Jesus, this guy has no reason to be a HC in this league.

Wow... yes, that missed FG really sent us for a loop... I mean, the punt return, the pick six and Von Miller making Greg Olsen look like a revolving door was neat, but that missed FG... that did it.

Sheesh.

murphy was fired and chud not fired (yet) because murphy's was the easiest to fire and fill.

replacing chud....not so easy.

who's going to replace him? what's going to happen with the playbook that the team has been working on al year? who's gonna run it?

That's why I think they won't fire him mid-season; it's the logistics of it.

Maybe it's just me being a neurotic fan, but I feel like whenever we field a punt, our guy immediately has 3 different colored jerseys in his face and basically has to just look for a place to fall down. Whereas, when we punt to someone, they have about 5 yards of free space to get a head start and find lanes while we backpedal and hope our punter can shove him out of bounds.

Just saw a small part of the presser. So what did Ron think went wrong with the game? Medlock missed the field goal.

Paraphrasing, Ron said we were playing well until the field goal miss and that apparently depressed the players so much that we got blown out in the 2nd half.

Jesus, this guy has no reason to be a HC in this league.

Wow. We must have 'the beautiful mind' as head coach, lol.

What is up with him and getting stuck on the 'emotional' impact of FGs? Every time he talks about FGs I feel like I'm watching a Lifetime movie with my wife.

Archived