• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"All I know is this team knows how to lose"

Zod

On the sidelines yesterday, there were some people celebrating with a few minutes left. Media type people. I told them the Panthers would lose this game. They laughed at me, said there was no way, and asked why I thought so.

"All I know is this team knows how to lose" I said.

I went on to explain that the offense would fail at trying to run the clock, there would be some mental errors, and V-Jax or Clark would end up winning the game.

They looked in amazement at me as all I said came true, but really, anyone that had been paying a little attention all season long saw it coming.

This losing stench is going to take a few seasons to wash away I am afraid. At this point, one can't help chalk it up to karma for the 2010 intentional tanking of the season by JR.

Pass the bourbon.

On the sidelines yesterday, there were some people celebrating with a few minutes left. Media type people. I told them the Panthers would lose this game. They laughed at me, said there was no way, and asked why I thought so.

"All I know is this team knows how to lose" I said.

I went on to explain that the offense would fail at trying to run the clock, there would be some mental errors, and V-Jax or Clark would end up winning the game.

They looked in amazement at me as all I said came true, but really, anyone that had been paying a little attention all season long saw it coming.

This losing stench is going to take a few seasons to wash away I am afraid. At this point, one can't help chalk it up to karma for the 2010 intentional tanking of the season by JR.

Pass the bourbon.

I agree with all except fo the taking a few seasons to get rid of the losing stench. We lost a bunch of close games in the 1-15 season. Yet, we were in the Superbowl the season in two seasons.

The right combination of new players and and new coaches can turn it around quickly. But finding the right combination is not easy.

Giving up 17 points in 8 minutes of play emphasizes that no lead by the Panthers is safe. But then, we probably already knew that.

I watch now largely devoid of emotion, much as I watch a game between say the Raiders and San Diego. It's still football, but without any emotional investment.

This staff has broken the spirit of the fans just as surely as they've broken the spirits of the players.

Told my wife with 4-ish minutes left "You watch them lose this thing"... It was 21-10... It's like watching a bad movie that you already know the outcome to... I don't know what keeps me watching the games week in and week out... Probably my fantasy team... God knows I'd have had a better time if I'd just found a nice Doomsday Preppers marathon to watch...

I said the same thing with about 4 minutes left... I knew we would find a way to blow it and that is very sad.

This game was the same exact tune as every other game... Defense does work and gets worn out... offense can't hold the ball... coaches make stupid playcalls and don't have the guts to try and seal the game on 4th down and the momentum swings and it's over.

Archived