• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

How to Rebuild the Panther

Cam2Ligit2Quit

We are talking about being able to manage grown men not an online madden dynasty team. (If you have worked as an HR or manager you can relate)

most of us act like an expert who can predict the future and can fix all the panthers. We can just sign a blue chip free agent
(look at the eagles and redskins)

we can draft the best players
(look at New England “past 5 draft classes”, other than their TEs who else is elite)
. When it comes to drafting (
it is a Crab shoot and a whole lots of luck)
we have to realize that less than 10 percent of the total draft prospects ever reaches the elite status, and more than half are out of the league before 3 years.

My point is let the front office go through their due process in hiring a qualified GM. We have more talent on this team than some playoff teams have. In my opinion in order for the panthers to gel as a team we need 3 things

1. We need an emotional head coach who can bring the team together by being the face and taking responsibility for the product he puts on the fields and not a 22yrs QB (look at SF, TB, ATL, NO) 49ers before and after Harbaugh, I like how TB coach took responsibility for still playing hard on a knee down, and John Fox took responsibility for The Golden Calf of Bristol and Jake Delhomme mess

2. We need someone who can manage the Cap mess we are in now and deal with contracts

3. We need someone DIFFERENT who is in charge of personal decision

These job duties has to be held my at least 3 different individuals. In my opinion Marty Hurney is a good talent evaluator in the league (if you disagree look at other teams past 5 draft classes) the problem was that he also dealt with contracts and personal decision

How bout we have a little better attitude...be nice when you start a topic...you're likely to get a better response and fewer trolls...the CDF has been enjoying the relaxation...wouldn't want to change that now would we...

How bout we have a little better attitude...be nice when you start a topic...you're likely to get a better response and fewer trolls...the CDF has been enjoying the relaxation...wouldn't want to change that now would we...

did not mean for it to come out as an attack... just asking for an open mind

Fixed the Title

he is a good evaluator its just that he shows too much loyalty to picks an dont know when to walk away.. but we have average about 3 starters per draft class

Problem is 2 out of those 3 aren't starters on any other team

We need an emotional head coach who can bring the team together by being the face and taking responsibility for the product he puts on the fields and not a 22yrs QB (look at SF, TB, ATL, NO) 49ers before and after Harbaugh, I like how TB coach took responsibility for still playing hard on a knee down, and John Fox took responsibility for The Golden Calf of Bristol and Jake Delhomme mess

ok....we don't need an "emotional" HC. we just need a smart one that knows what he's doing. being emo or not is irrelevant.

and did you just use john fox as an example of an emotional coach? lol

if you didn't then i'm not sure what i read cause i barely got that out of it.

Draft wins

1. Peppers 1rd
  2. Gross 1rd
  3. Gamble 1rd
  4. T. Davis 1rd
  5. D. Will 1rd
  6. J. Beason 1rd
  7. J. Stewart 1rd
  8. C. Newton 1rd
  9. L. Kuechly 1rd
  10. Godfrey 3 rd
  11. C Johnson 3 rd
  12. J. Anderson 3 rd
  13. T Wharton 2rd
  14. Ryan Kalil 2rd
  15. Captain Munnerlyn 2009 (I added him because of a 7th rd that is a good Nickle but not so much a #2 or #1 CB)

Draft Loses

1. Bruce Nelson 2003 2rd
  2. Mike Siadman 2003 2rd
  3. Keary Colbert 2004 2rd
  4. Eric Shelton 2005 2rd
  5. Atiyyah Ellison DT 2005 3 rd
  6. Richard Marshall 2006 2rd (Some may not agree)
  7. Rashad Butler 2006 3 rd
  8. Dwayne Jarrett 2007 2rd
  9. Jeff Otah 2008 1rd (Gave up 1st round pick in 2009 and I think a 3rd as well)
  10. Everette Brown 2 rd (Was our 1st round pick if we didn’t trade it away)
  11. C Irvin 3 rd 2009
  12. S Martin 2 rd 2009 (Since most seem to be down on him. I personnel like his play and has gotten better in the tackling area)
  13. J Clausen 2rd (Traded our 1st rd pick away for E Brown in 2009) Major loss
  14. A. Edwards 3 rd 2010 ( sorry we traded away another pick to get back into the 3 rd round to get him. Loss
  15. Eric Norwood 2010 4rd ( added him since this is considered our 3 rd pick)
  16. T McClain 3 rd 2011
  17. Sione F 3 rd 2011

Draft still open for debate if a bust or not.

1. Brandon LaFell 2010 3 rd
  2. Frank Alexander 2012 4rd (looks promising)
  3. Joe Adams 2012 4rd (looks promising)
  4. Josh Norman 2012 5 rd
  5. Amini Silatolu 2012 2rd
  6. Kealoha Pilares 2011 5rd
  7. David Gettis 6rd 2010
  8. Greg Hardy 6rd 2010 ( Showing progress and Promise)

All in all, He was not that bad. However i think the fans remeber the really stupid choices the past few season with trading away future 1st round picks for players that where picked to high and the major busts at high WR picks. The one thing to say about him is he has found some diamonds in the rough as well and thats always a good thing.

But is it him or was it the scouting staff that found these players. Some like Gross, Peppers, Dvis, D.Will, Stewart where just no brainers. I, myself never want Otah I want us to pick up Ryan Clady. I was looking at the future LT to replace Gross and where is Clady now? Starting LT for Denver.

its okay to disagree with me just, prove it with facts. show me a team with a better draft class the past 5yrs than the panthers. we just dont have a coach that can make the team gel together... you can say the same thing about SF 2 years ago

http://www.nfl.com/d...ype=roundbyteam

That only strengthens the notion that the team has sucked for the most part in that time frame.

Archived