• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Tom Brady just celebrated after running for a 1st down

Car123

I guess the TD's that Cam celebrated weren't really TD's? Or those 1st downs weren't really first downs? Maybe you should inform the league so that they can change their statistics.

You're right. There's absolutely no problem with how people view celebrations.

It is okay for Tom Brady to celebrate his first downs....bc he is Gritty Gutty(he es EL Blanco!) and his type of celebration facilitates perfect hair growth and helps mend the economy.

When Cam celebrates it kills baby Pandas and causes gas prices to rise: FACT!!

Brady celebrated a key first down.....Cam does his pose EVERY running first down.

Big difference.

Even though I really could care less about how any player celebrates.

whining about what Cam Newton does between plays is pure crybaby, nothing more. I don't particularly care for it but its just not enough to cry over.

However, whining about what other players do between plays to poke and prod the other aforementioned crybabies is by far a more wussified/pusscake/victim-here tactic.

many here should cower in the enveloping shame that they are apparently oblivious to.

Brady celebrated a key first down.....Cam does his pose EVERY running first down.

Big difference.

Even though I really could care less about how any player celebrates.

Do you know for certain Tom Brady only celebrated that first down run? Do you know for certain Mr. Brady does not celebrate everytime he runs for a first down?

The big difference maybe several things. 1. We are Panther fans so we see everytime Cam does it. 2. Cam runs for more 1st downs so he does it more.

whining about what Cam Newton does between plays is pure crybaby, nothing more. I don't particularly care for it but its just not enough to cry over.

However, whining about what other players do between plays to poke and prod the other aforementioned crybabies is by far a more wussified/pusscake/victim-here tactic.

many here should cower in the enveloping shame that they are apparently oblivious to.

Pointing out thy hypocrisy of the fist crybabies wanting Cam to be more like Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, or whoever makes the person pointing it out more of crybaby?

I tend to like the Barry Sanders approach but don't give a poo if Cam takes the Steve Smith approach to celebrating.

I'm just dying for some wins on a consistent basis. A few ass kickings here and there wouldn't hurt either so I don't have to go through the please don't blow it final 2 minutes.

A couple of weeks ago it hit me like a football to the head without helmet .

Celebrations on the field of play are not for the fans, not for you or me. Or the media.

They are for letting the defense, the opposition, know how really bad they are. (Whether or not it's true.) They are for lowering the moral and expectations of the opposing team and for raising the moral and expectations of your own team.

"Hey, Falcons! See what I just did? And I'm gonna' do it again. You can't stop me!"

That's why I say, celebrate away! I have absolutely no problem with it at any time.

I have seen your posts in this and other threads regarding not judging Rivera too quickly and citing Bill B. as an example.

My question is, do you think every coach should get 4 years? 5 years? Should Morris still be in Tampa? I'd just like to know what set of circumstances would you need to see to pull the plug on a head coach.

As I have said in other posts, it isn't a set time but an evaluation of the coach, his assistants, how the players work for him, whether he is learning and benefiting from the mistakes he makes, or continuing to make the same ones. Morris needed to go because the players quit on him plain and simple. If the players had quit on Rivera I would say the same things. But that is not what is happening on the field and the offense being aggressive in the fourth quarter on offense the past 2 games shows me that he learned from being too conservative which contributed to the close losses. Finally it isn't as if we are getting blown out, we are competitive. If a few plays had gone our way like Newton holds the ball once he has the first down or Nakamura tips the pass and we are 6-7 or even 7-6 and still at least in the hunt.

If we close out strong the case can be made for 1 more year. Not 4 or 5 but 1. If we don't make the playoffs come hell or high water next year, then he is gone no matter what. If we tank this week then we might be better off cutting our losses now. It just isn't black or white at this point.

A couple of weeks ago it hit me like a football to the head without helmet .

Celebrations on the field of play are not for the fans, not for you or me. Or the media.

They are for letting the defense, the opposition, know how really bad they are. (Whether or not it's true.) They are for lowering the moral and expectations of the opposing team and for raising the moral and expectations of your own team.

"Hey, Falcons! See what I just did? And I'm gonna' do it again. You can't stop me!"

That's why I say, celebrate away! I have absolutely no problem with it at any time.

no that's not true

Archived