• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Joe Person hints that the Panthers have interest in Ken Wisenhunt

Dpantherman

If they hire Ken over Lovie as HC they are complete idiots.

I doubt it. I think Lovie has a good shot there, Ken is bouncing around here and there. Can you imagine him with Phillip Rivers though, after all the poor guy went through with Jay Cutler? He has to be thinking draft a QB asap lol.

Mularkey or Whiz would be incredible hires IMO. Pat Shurmur and Hue Jackson...bleh.

Mularkey would be an incredible hire? You mean the guy who has the mantra of Jeff Davidson with run, run, pass? Nope, he is terrible. If a guy from ATL's FO fires the guy who he used to worked with, that's telling you something.

The Falcons had the best rushing offense in the league while he was the OC. They also went from 29th to 10th in scoring the year he got there. I don't want more of the read option. That philosophy needs to go with Chud to Cleveland. I want someone who is going to punish other teams with our RBs and OL not our QB. If Cam can get into an offense where he has ample play action opportunities off of a good run game then he is going to be ridiculous.

That said...Whiz would be my #1. I wanted him as our HC if Rivera had been fired. I think he a great play caller and his history with a similar QB in Ben Roethlisberger would help Cam a lot IMO.

8nsFO.gif?1?4940

Could be my imagination or optimism but it feels like we're being more thorough than usual. Really like Wisenhunt.

Thats me!!! lol.. id be very happy with wisenhunt though. has experience with a somewhat similar qb in big ben and has a championship pedigree. think it would be great for the offense and cam

I never understood the idea of "just promote Shula to keep the same offense." If it was that easy why not just promote the O line coach or any offensive coach for that matter if all we are looking for is a body to just call out the same plays?!. I heard Shula was never a great O coordinator anyway. I love how for once we are actually targeting the big fish like Jackson, Whis and a lesser extent Shurmur. Atleast we arent going about this the usual "avoid household name guys at all costs" Panther way and are looking to make a splash for once.

You bring up interesting points that caused me to consider a few other possibilities.

Rivera recently stated that he wished he had an experienced coach on the staff, which suggests that Shula is not on the radar.

Shula (QB coach) and Hue Jackson (OC) is not much of a change for Cam. Whiz would have a fit with a real QB, something he never really had in Arizona-except for an old, beat up veteran, one that he got to the Super Bowl.

Not to mention it brings a guy with some HC experience aboard, something Rivera needs.

Rivera is a veteran hc now so he no longer has the luxury of saying he needs an experienced hc. I like Ken because he did take the Cardinals to the big game but to have only 2 winning seasons in 6 years doesn't sound like huge success.

Would he bring the Steelers offense to the boys in electric blue?

Archived