• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Gettleman expected to release Gamble

Gabeking

But looks at his last 3 years

2013- injured

2012- great

2011- benched

Gamble hasn't been reliable in his health or play

You should start with 2012.

2012-hurt

2011-great (best year)

2010-frustrated with John Fox and missed a practice which was the reason for his benching. Still played 11 games.

Before that year, he started all or almost all games each year. Lowest being 12 in 2007. Him always being injured is a myth.

He's always been our best corner besides 2005 with Ken Lucas. His first couple years were rough but after he had been in the league for a while, he became a reliable corner. He had his best year in 2011. He could pick up where he left off this season.

I can see why he is getting cut. I'm not saying we should be keeping him with his current contract. I wish he would restructure though. However, the revisionist history in this thread is ridiculous.

You should start with 2012.

2012-hurt

2011-great (best year)

2010-frustrated with John Fox and missed a practice which was the reason for his benching. Still played 11 games.

Before that year, he started all or almost all games each year. Lowest being 12 in 2007. Him always being injured is a myth.

He's always been our best corner besides 2005 with Ken Lucas. His first couple years were rough but after he had been in the league for a while, he became a reliable corner. He had his best year in 2011. He could pick up where he left off this season.

I can see why he is getting cut. I'm not saying we should be keeping him with his current contract. I wish he would restructure though. However, the revisionist history in this thread is ridiculous.

Typo...

Point remains, D was strong in 2012 and 2010....without him.

He has never been consistent. Overpaid guy that only lived up to his deal one year

This is the new norm with the rookie salary cap.

The temptation to release a player and save millions and potentially replace or upgrade the position with a player at a bargain rookie contract price is like putting an extra cheese pizza with double pepporoni in front of Rosanne Barr.

The fact we've already enjoyed a player of Cam Newton's talent at a rookie salary cap price for 2 years yet have the Cap woes we do really drives home just how incompetent Marty Hurney was.

It still blows my mind how we got to this point. I don't know whether to blame Marty or Jerry. They both made big mistakes. Marty said he signed those big deals because the big Cat wanted him to and he expected the salary cap to continue climbing. Meanwhile the Big Cat just finished negotiating a CBA to stop the salary cap from climbing, you would think there would be some communication or foresight.

Archived