• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bad day for female kicker hopeful Silberman

Brokenbad

There was nothing ignorant about his statement at all. The ignorance is in your overly simplistic assessment of his point. No one said any of those groups of people should be kept from doing anything. He was making a point that our lovely media has it feelers out looking to prop up any and every possible "heartwarming story" they can find regardless of how it impacts those people if they should fail in their endeavors. It was wrong of them to put this poor girl on blast before this attempt and now she will be ridiculed and her efforts will be reduced to nothing more than a gif on message boards like this forever. It's sad.

The only thing worse than what he said is your misinformed defense of his statements.

He went into a rant about entitlements and affirmative action. There is a place for that crap, it's called the tinderbox. Seems you and him aren't the only insecure males over compensating in this thread.

Complete stunt. Pretty sure I know a little about about athletics, and if you're injured, kicking without warming up would be the absolute worst thing you could do. Kicker would be the only position a female could ever have a chance at in the NFL, and even that is impossible.

Publicity stunt or not that doesn't mean let's all make broad generalizations based on one instance.

Understandable. No we shouldn't. That being said, sometimes it's okay to make jokes or laugh at something that was clearly a joke to begin with. It's alright to turn the PC-meter off every now and then. Sometimes I seriously wonder if people on here would even crack a smile at a Dave Chappelle stand-up.

Female kicker... fantasy team... hmm, I bet there's a good joke in there somewhere.

But seriously though, I don't really know what to think about this. It's either just horrible timing that potentially the first female NFL player gets an injury right before her tryout, or it was just a sham to begin with.

Like someone else said, why would she be doing push ups instead of practicing her kicking form before her kick attempts? But I'm sure someone had to vouch for her down the line for her to get the try out to begin with.

Archived