• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Did you guys suddenly forget who our GM is?

SmootsDaddy89

David Gettleman won two superbowls with an amazing front 7 and a secondary composed of bwood post-level defensive backs.

The panthers rated 2nd in defense in 2002 with an outstanding front 4 and some dudes behind them that may or may not have been busing tables previously

Also, Short had a first round grade on him from several experts (BUT NOT MAYOCK!!!!!)

I am okay with getting two DT's, Edwards is aging and it has been a need for most of our existence. I wanted Jessie Williams more, but I am okay with it.

With Star forcing Double teams, and Short being more of a pass rushing DT. The opponents OL better have great Tackles to contain Hardy and CJ. If teams have to leave more people in for protection that means we will have less guys running routes on our (supposedly weak secondary). Maybe me can blitz TD and Beason more and let Luke roam the field and make plays on the run or on the pass.

I am excited for our draft.

"Does a great pass rush mask issues in the secondary? Of course it does." - Gettleman

LOL

He makes no bones about it...pass rush will be the strength of this defense no matter the state of the secondary. Considering how well the back four played towards the end of last season, perhaps that gave him the intention to go all out on the DL.

I am okay with getting two DT's, Edwards is aging and it has been a need for most of our existence. I wanted Jessie Williams more, but I am okay with it.

With Star forcing Double teams, and Short being more of a pass rushing DT. The opponents OL better have great Tackles to contain Hardy and CJ. If teams have to leave more people in for protection that means we will have less guys running routes on our (supposedly weak secondary). Maybe me can blitz TD and Beason more and let Luke roam the field and make plays on the run or on the pass.

I am excited for our draft.

Jessie still hasn't been taken. Triple up on DTs? :) At that point I'd just laugh my ass off. I appreciate the pick of Short in the 2nd, though I would have preferred Allen or Warford probably, but adding Short to our DL rotation makes our front 7 just insane and young.

I'm excited about this pick no doubt. I believe Gettleman learn from the best over the years. I believe he knows what he is doing. Coming from the Giants that has a great D for years now. I put my faith in Gettleman to do the job right. It will pay off come training camp. So when we are 6-2 in the middle of the season and our D is in the top five. Then the whining little kids right now will be mad about been wrong. Gett. has everything in hand right now.

Jessie still hasn't been taken. Triple up on DTs? :) At that point I'd just laugh my ass off. I appreciate the pick of Short in the 2nd, though I would have preferred Allen or Warford probably, but adding Short to our DL rotation makes our front 7 just insane and young.

Warford is the only guy I would have rather had than Short. I like Short over any other defensive pick.

Warford is the only guy I would have rather had than Short. I like Short over any other defensive pick.

Yep. Other than Warford,tThe offensive guys people had in mind minus Escobar fell farrr. We got great value and a 3-5 tech that will keep our d-line fresh and hopefully dominant.

Archived