• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

I Feel Sorry for Mike Shula

chknwing

Not true. Patton will produce. Alot of starters in the league come from later rounds. Just ask teams with rings.

Yeah they're not expected to make an impact right away like some of the people here are expecting.

A lot of starters in the NFL were pretty much unknown pre-draft.

lol are you seriously implying he's going to get rid of cam because he's a mobile quaterback

franchise qbs just grow on trees now, I see.

CRA got into his pills a little earlier than usual today.

Cam has better decision making, a stronger arm and more consistent ball placement than eli ever has. Not to mention his ability to extend plays and convert with his legs. The only thing Gettleman probably doesn't like is the gimmicky college offense we ran. Chances are we gut a big portion of our option plays.

What are you smoking ?

Nothing.

Gettlemen is old school....he doesn't believe in new school football. He inherited a coaching staff and their QB...

For Cam to succeed he needs a team that is willing to at least by year 3 to of started to tailor its talent around him. None of that is occurring.

Instead people will bitch about why Newton can't hit Ted Gin for TDs as our young DII Gs have been run over....

Olsen, Dwill, Stew, Tolbert!!!!

We got to utilize what we have.

Teams win games by running the ball to set up the pass game.

"lyk zomg guys how cool would it be if we stuck all 3 of those back on the field at the same time and they could ALLLL protect Cam while he tries to find our one viable receiving option!!!!"

You guys are crazy.

Playmakers on Offense

1first round QB (both with his arms and legs)

2 first round RBs (this is huge considering the amount that we will run and the screen passes)

1 first round TE (we got him for a 3rd pick)

Smitty who is getting up there but still a great playmaker

WR in Lafell 2nd round and has improved every yr not to mention made huge strides last year

FA WRs Hixon(very solid slot guy) and Ginn (punt returner but can fill in at times in the slot)

Question Marks: Gettis and Adams (Don't know what they will do but there is potential there)

He can if we make him one. I'm not talking about Delhomme managing. I'm talking Wilson and Kaep managing. Run the ball to set of the passing game, instead of trying to pass to set up the run game.

Cam a game manager?

WTF would we want a dynamic player like Cam to be a mere game manager? I'm starting to see what CRA is saying. It's looking like Gettleman is fazing Cam out, and taking us back to an old smash mouth, defensive minded team. That would've been cool years ago, but in a passing league, it's not going to work. Looking more and more like Cam's best offensive unit will be that unit he had his first year. We needed offensive weapons this year, and have failed to address that. We still have nobody that can stretch the field for those bombs that Cam can throw, and is a strength for him.

CRA got into his pills a little earlier than usual today.

Cam has better decision making, a stronger arm and more consistent ball placement than eli ever has. Not to mention his ability to extend plays and convert with his legs. The only thing Gettleman probably doesn't like is the gimmicky college offense we ran. Chances are we gut a big portion of our option plays.

You will find no bigger Newton fan than I here...

I am no fan of anyone who doesn't fully embrace all Newton has to offer. Nor am I a fan of not giving him weapons to be great. Newton is entering year 3....name one young guy in 3 years we have added to grow with Cam?

Saying this offense is loaded with talent is such a hilariously deluded fantasy it's not even funny.

There is one viable outside weapon. There is one viable inside weapon. There isn't enough work to go around for our overstock at RB as it is, as we continue to see Cam grow into leading a modern NFL offense.

Seeing people try to deceive themselves of otherwise is absolutely comical.

I didn't know that Gettleman must fill all of our holes with mediocre talent to fulfill the impatience of the masses. You sound like the guys on the Drive on 610. What WR from round 4 - 7 could beat those guys out?

Oh thats right Roger Da'Rick is rated 74.4 by NFL. He would def be the man to take over for our mediocre 5th WR position.

Nah. Steve Smith is still young and this is Gettis' year anyhow. Did you see that 49er game in 2010?!

Archived