• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What % odds would you put on the Panthers moving from Charlotte in 6 years?

watermelon-of-pain.gif

ahh...the Amazing Race...I remember seeing that during the show and laughing my ass off while I kept replaying it over and over again.  Good times!!!

as for my answer...I'll go out on a limb and guess somewhere between 0 and 100%

0%, was listening to a recorded interview on WFNZ w/ Pat McCrory and Taylor Zarzour mentioned he had spoke with Goodell at the Wells Pro/Am golf tournament here last week and Goodell said there were at least 10 teams that would be primed to move long before Charlotte (in his opinion). 

Charlotte is an excellent market, a new owner would be really dumb to walk away from 1) a stadium they own free and clear 2) PSL's and 3) 100+ consecutive sellouts. Would a new owner threaten to leave as leverage to get public money for more expensive upgrades to the stadium? sure... but that doesn't mean they would actually leave. 

0%, was listening to a recorded interview on WFNZ w/ Pat McCrory and Taylor Zarzour mentioned he had spoke with Goodell at the Wells Pro/Am golf tournament here last week and Goodell said there were at least 10 teams that would be primed to move long before Charlotte (in his opinion).

Charlotte is an excellent market, a new owner would be really dumb to walk away from 1) a stadium they own free and clear 2) PSL's and 3) 100+ consecutive sellouts. Would a new owner threaten to leave as leverage to get public money for more expensive upgrades to the stadium? sure... but that doesn't mean they would actually leave.

Is that interview archived?

exactly.

the panthers aren't going anywhere.

it's a silly thing to worry about and even sillier thing to keep on making threads about....unless it provides a reason for posting this stuff...

l8pLWhv.gif

Archived