• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

kasay to retire today...as a panther.

Joe Person @josephperson 1m

John Kasay will officially retire today. The longtime kicker, an original Panther, expected to sign a 1day contract and retire as a Panther.

Jonathan Jones @jjones9 now

The Panthers will host a retirement reception for long-time kicker John Kasay at 1 today

Carolina Panthers @Panthers 3m

John Kasay will announce his retirement today. The franchise's all-time leading scorer will sign a one-day contract to retire a Panther.

This and Jake's final press conference always get me

john_kasay_leaves_carolina_with_a_heartf

Dear Panther Fans,

I wanted to personally write this letter to every Carolina Panther fan. Words cannot express how truly thankful my family and I are for the most wonderful 16 years of our lives.

We came to the Panthers as a young family with a 3-month-old baby. We leave with 4 children, 2 of whom are in high school. In between, you have loved and cheered and blessed us way more than we ever deserved. The only thing I could offer in return was the promise that I would try my best, every day, to make you proud.

Thank you for your encouragement when I failed. Thank you for the celebrations when we won. And most of all, thank you for letting me leave with a treasture-trove of memories that time cannot erase.

It is my hope that the greatest years in Panthers history are still to come. A franchise decorated with numerous Lombardi Trophies. Dozens of Hall-of-Fame players. And a region that swells with pride whenever they speak of their beloved Panthers.

It has been a tremendous privilege to live in Charlotte, to play for the, and to be able to share my life-long dream of playing in the NFL with all of you.

I pray that this will be a wonderful season and we will all get to watch the Panthers return to their rightful place as one of the most feared teams in the NFL.

May God bless you. Thank you again for the memories.

Blessings,

John Kasay

John was and continues to be the living definition of class. Im so very glad that his last day in the league will be as a Panther.

Archived