• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Carolina Panthers going nowhere with Ron Rivera, Cam Newton"

Schein was on the Panthers wagon in 2008 and since then has disliked us. he picked us to go 4th in the division last year but said we tied three other teams instead of finished second. He was factually correct but wrong in his prediction then and will be wrong in his prediction now. We will finish second based on a strong defense and good offense.

he contradicts himself quite a bit. For example, he starts out with Cam Newton isnt an elite qb and carolina wont go anywhere with him but then later staes that Gettlemen should have appointed his own staff including a QB coach to foster newton.  Why foster a qb you said isnt the answer?

Reading this reminds me of how important week 1 vs. Seattle is going to be.  it has nothing to do with Cam vs Wilson.....it has everything to do with coming out with an early win.  Winning breeds confidence....if we lose week 1 (just like last year) I think it can easily send us spiraling down to where this guy may end up being right.  That game means everything (IMO)

If the Saints get back on track, I could see the Panthers in last place in the NFC South, as they are currently constructed. Offensively, I don't think this team is much better than last year

Reading this reminds me of how important week 1 vs. Seattle is going to be. it has nothing to do with Cam vs Wilson.....it has everything to do with coming out with an early win. Winning breeds confidence....if we lose week 1 (just like last year) I think it can easily send us spiraling down to where this guy may end up being right. That game means everything (IMO)

The NFL has banked on Seattle being on the league's elite teams... they get four primetime games. Hard not to see us as the jobbers being fed to make the Seahawks look good

Schein wrote the same kind of article about the Browns a few offseasons ago. And he was right in that situation. And I get where he's coming from now. But if he liked our haul from the draft, why does he think we aren't better?

I agree, we haven't made any real waves or improvements. He is right. But we are a hair better than last year and with a few different bounces last year we would have been over .500, so we will be competitive still. We just aren't much.