• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Scathing article about Beason and his contract

JawnyBlaze

http://charlotte.cbslocal.com/2013/05/18/everybody-restructures-but-beason/

When the free agency frenzy this offseason started for the NFL, I kept being told Panthers linebacker Jon Beason, who is making a ridiculous $10 million a year, had zero incentive to restructure his deal. I couldn’t have disagreed more and all my arguments as to why are coming to fruition with all his teammates, yet Beason hasn’t and/or won’t.

Carolina should tell him, if you restructure your deal this year by taking a 50 percent pay cut, we will guarantee you money next year, as well. They could also load it with incentives and reward him for helping out the team this year.

However, apparently that’s not going to happen. By all accounts, Beason isn’t going to restructure. And if true, that speaks volumes.

And because of that, regardless of what type of season he has, the Panthers should cut him at the end of the season. He won’t help them, so they shouldn’t help him.

He’s simply not worth it.

Pretty harsh, and as much as I love Beason I can't find it in me to disagree. 

this article gets a lot of things wrong.  also, allowing negative emotion to dictate personnel moves sounds like a horrible idea ("well, screw HIM").  he also does not indicate that he has actual inside information that beason has been approached for restructure and declined.  soooo, nice sandcastle argument, i guess?  *kicks it over*

His is he only Jersey I have ever owned but unfortunately he seems to be all talk about coming back stronger the past two years. I don't fault him for being injured or being reluctant to restructure. However when you are a leader, which he seems to pride himself on, you need to act on it.

Archived