• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty's OTA observations

PantherFeez

I hope your kidding... Down playing what Aaron Rogers means to that team would be dumb even for you CRA. Also Smith and Olson are just as good as Seller and Gonzo then you add the fact we have a role player in LaFell and we have equal talent and even more this year.

I didn't downplay Rodgers....you said he made the GB WRs. He didnt. Which is why Flynn stepped in and set just about every single game passing record......the WRs where good and deep.

A healthy Gronk/Gonzalez > Olsen/Lafell

All we need is smith to get over 1000 which he can do Lafell to get 50+ receptions 800 yards and 5+ Tds which he can do then we are fine with the rest. Hixon and Olsen will give us around 8 Tds together so that's a good amount if offense not including our running game

Exactly... Throw and additional 1000 yds between the other receivers and backs and all is good.  

Couple years back everyone bitched and moaned about Jake always going to Smitty.  That he didn't look to other players.  If Cam throws 1000 yds to LaFell and we still lose then everyone is gonna bitch that Cam is just like Jake.  Can't spread it around.

Look at the numbers below.   Pretty good distribution if you ask me.

Cam threw 47% of his yardage to Smitty and LaFell throw in Olsen and that jumps to 69.5%. 

WR Smitty, LaFell 1831 47.8%

TE Olsen 843 21.7%

Remainder (Murphy,Tolbert, J Stew, D'Will, Barnidge,AE) 29.6%

That is 99.1 percent of our passing yardage.  

A pretty fair distribution of our 3869 yards passing.

WTH is everyone bitchin about.

Exactly... Throw and additional 1000 yds between the other receivers and backs and all is good.  

Couple years back everyone bitched and moaned about Jake always going to Smitty.  That he didn't look to other players.  If Cam throws 1000 yds to LaFell and we still lose then everyone is gonna bitch that Cam is just like Jake.  Can't spread it around.

Look at the numbers below.   Pretty good distribution if you ask me.

Cam threw 47% of his yardage to Smitty and LaFell throw in Olsen and that jumps to 69.5%. 

WR Smitty, LaFell 1831 47.8%

TE Olsen 843 21.7%

Remainder (Murphy,Tolbert, J Stew, D'Will, Barnidge,AE) 29.6%

That is 99.1 percent of our passing yardage.  

A pretty fair distribution of our 3869 yards passing.

WTH is everyone bitchin about.

Sounds about right to me.

I mean, c'mon. Smitty and Lafell throw up almost 2000 yards. Why isn't that enough?

If the Offense keeps up the momentum they started last year. There are plenty of targets for Cam. The one big reason for Cam getting to the next step? The check down.

IMO, young Cam thought the check down was a last resort. He has now learned it is a weapon. Those are the chain moving plays he is talking about. It shows, to me, he gots this.

As proof of my statement. I give you this. Once he incorporated the check down into his repertoire his completion percentage increased, his accuracy improved, and his TD to INT ratio improved dramatically.

The kicker? You, or maybe it was just me, could just see him having fun again. The confidence was back, the swagger had returned. He was a beast down the stretch.

That more than anything is what has me excited for this year.

I see Smitty with about 1200 yds and 11 TDs.

Lafell gets a personal best 850 and 6.

Olsen with almost a 1000 but only 4 TD.

With everyone else sharing about a 1000 yds and 6 Tds.

Cam gets close to his 700 yds with 7 TDs.

Play good D, and that Offense gets us into the playoffs.

Sorry for the length, I kinda got carried away. Please forgive me if you need to.

tl/dr. The future has already started my friends.

That says it all. Our receivers suck balls!

and I'm starting to like that Mitchell guy. Remember he was the guy that roughed Cam up a little vs. the Raiders where Cam got upset at the ref? Yup that was Mitchell.

How a team uses WRs depends on the scheme. After going  back and watching NFL rewind it appears we targeted the slot much more than the number 2 WR spot.I think what we are missing is another big target in the red zone that could either be the number 2 wr or another TE. I would like to see us get another interchangeable big target for cam to throw to with a short field. 

I cant take anybody serious who thinks our receiver core is on par with a team like Green Bays. And i thought the Lafell hype was bad, this is just straight up delusion now.

Blind homerism is a funny thing....

If they double dip at any position, I hope it's one of the lines. I would have no issues with a similar tactic next year with the offensive line. I realize many might not agree but it you don't have an offensive line, you don't have an offense IMO.

If they double dip at any position, I hope it's one of the lines. I would have no issues with a similar tactic next year with the offensive line. I realize many might not agree but it you don't have an offensive line, you don't have an offense IMO.

Its hard to believe how overlooked the OL is to fans.I think the right side of the line should at least be partially addressed now.Behind Piggy we have a couple of camp fodder guards. Next year we have to looking at replacing Gross which will be no easy task

I didn't downplay Rodgers....you said he made the GB WRs. He didnt. Which is why Flynn stepped in and set just about every single game passing record......the WRs where good and deep.

A healthy Gronk/Gonzalez > Olsen/Lafell

I'm sure Matt Flynn one game surpasses Rogers career and has nothing to do with that they were playing the Lions. I'm also sure it has nothing to do with that McCarthy is a QB guru and one of the best play callers in the NFL.

Both LaFell and Olsen posted better numbers last year so it would be LaFell/Olsen>>Gronk/Gonzalez. Not to even mention that Gronks carrier is pretty much over and no one wants to admit it. But continue to live in fantasy land were everyone's toys are better than the Panthers.

Its always been better than blind cynicism. At least there vag does not bleed on a daily basis. 

I can't even debate with you because I'm too busy laughing at the notion that our WRs are on par with the Packers....

One thing to keep in mind is that obviously nobody here makes the decisions. It's amusing and disturbing when people argue like the other guy is about to ruin their team with their opinions.

Archived