• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Smitty's OTA observations

PantherFeez

As much as a Homer as I am, even I don't take too much stock in OTAs. They are a learning opportunity. The more you know, the better you play. Instincts combined with knowledge is what you want.

I am anticipating quite the battle between all these guys fighting to be the last man standing. IMO, the team likes Pilares, if he can continue the path he started last year. There is really only 1 spot remaining.

My money is on Adams. I just have this feeling. Maybe a pepto or something.

Smith is pretty straight forward IMO. We have a bunch of lower tier WRs competing against each other...

I doubt it is some master plan that he just knows they will tune in to him talking on the radio...and he is afraid to say how impressive some where bc it might cause someone to quit working so hard...

No one has impressed him clearly at WR. We didn't bring in anyone impressive and our old cast isn't....so it isn't a shock

You are correct in your personality assessment of Smitty however, I based my comment off of his previous statement regarding the new high intensity high tension competition. This is after all still football in shorts. Lets get the pads popping before we make declarations about a particular unit.

Lol, a lot of assumptions going on in here. I'm just glad he said good things about Josh Thomas (had a good feeling about him).

If we can get even one solid corner out of this bunch we'll be much better because of it.

FS should be fine with Godfrey (hoping), no worries at nickle, LBs, or front 4.. if JT can hold down a team's #1 then things really should be fine

OTAs don't mean much.

However, plenty of teams have been In the playoffs without all world receivers.

It helps, of course, but, we don't have them.  We have role players. 

Can't fix everything at once with the cap issues we have...stating the obvious.

There are enough play makers on offense that if Shula has a small bit of creativity, good things can happen with those role players.

It's like clockwork.  Every year people say we will be fine at WR, then at the end of the year we realize again it's more or less a one man show at the position.  I'm sorry, but some of you need to take the blue lenses out of your glasses and realize we have a severe deficit of quality WRS on this team.  Hopefully Gettis or Joe Adams comes out of no where this year, because other than Smitty those are the only two guys on the roster that have a potential number one or high quality number two level of impact....

Archived