• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Godfrey improving at FS?

La Pantera

lol the same people raving in this thread and rationalizing how godfrey could be turning a corner with manufactured horseshit are going to be talking about how "ITS JUST PRESEASON GET A GRIP" if/when the team looks like garbage on tv in august

I think Lester could actually back up Godfrey. I seem to remember reading that Lester's best year in college was when was playing FS. He was switched to SS after Barron left

I was happy to see us sign lester and I think he'll be able to give us some good minutes. If you can play safety at Alabama, you've got some skill.

He has had to cover for the free safety's ass since he's been in the league; which always tends to make him look bad when he cheats.

If the Panthers can get a capable safety next to him then he Godfrey will be a top 10 free safety.

Half his time here has been as the FS....

Moore isn't going anywhere, pilares will be gone before Edwards at this point but there's room on st for.Moore and pilares as gunners, lol

Heres how I see things unfolding...

WR-

Final 2 spots go to Gettis (6'3, sub 4.4 speed) showed flashes in his only season most potentila out of any bubble players at WR. Finally I think Pilares will be the 6th WR he IMO has shown much more promise as an actual reciever. With Ginn and Barner on the roster that negates any special teams value Edwards, and Adams would've had. Not to mention the new obsession with size, two 5'11 receivers with limited skill likely won't carry much weight when it comes to avoiding being cut.

TE-I think Rosario has a chance to be our surprise player on offense, with TE size, and the route running capabilities/athleticism of a receiver he could present a lot of match up issues for LB's and S's. Although Harstock remains as our 2nd to begin the season.

RG-I agree with the masses, we'll bring Kugbila along slowy as we finally have an offensive line thats all healthy and has chemistry to a degree. Piggy stays on after being passed by Kug due to his ability to back up Kalil.

DB- Thomas, Norman, Capt, Dockery, and Florence are my final 5, Moore was signed when we thought Capt was gone who later resigned. We don't need two 5'9 or less DB's (see size obsession). White to Ps.

S-I see Mitchell, Campbell, and Lester behind Godfrey as Naka and Jones are both cut late.

Since when?

He switched last year after Nakamura got hurt.

'08, '09, and '10 he started FS while Chris Harris was the starting SS.

In '11 he moved to SS while Martin ('11) and Nakamura ('12) played FS.

In fairness to Godfrey though, it would be brutally retarded to assume that he isn't a better player than he was his first couple of seasons.

Oh, my bad. 

Godfrey is the best safety in the league and will be a pro-bowler. Say hello to the new Ed Reed. Anything less than 19-0 from the Panthers this year would be a huge upset. 

Is that better? Or can I stay in reality and let you enjoy your fairytale world? Godfrey is an average player- there's nothing wrong with that and that hardly makes me a pessimist. 

Post a link to your last positive post.

Archived