• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Who has the bigger year, Johnson or Hardy?

Cyberjag

The fact that the conversation is about who will have more sacks, instead of who on the D line is going to help out CJ speaks for itself. Just a few years ago we were all talking about Everette Brown, Terrell McClain, and freaking Sione Fua.

I say they both finish with around 15 sacks.

Damn...  What a reminder, huh?  And our Linebackers are better now, too.

My bold prediction is.... Frank Alexander finishes 2nd on the team in sacks

I doubt it. He's not a starter and won't get as much playing time as the others. Also, half the time he is subbed in, hardy is still on the field as a DT.

YOu want a bold prediction? Our starting DE's in two years will be Frank Alexander and Hardy. CJ is in it for the big bucks and gettle will let him find it elsewhere.

i think a big part thats being left out of all this hype is frank alexander

this guy had a better rookie season than either CJ or hardy ever had

statistically he was our most efficient pass rusher from the inside

plus i heard in his free time he murders baby kittens for fun

cant fug with that brah

I doubt it. He's not a starter and won't get as much playing time as the others. Also, half the time he is subbed in, hardy is still on the field as a DT.

YOu want a bold prediction? Our starting DE's in two years will be Frank Alexander and Hardy. CJ is in it for the big bucks and gettle will let him find it elsewhere.

Bold means it is going out on a limb....and I was counting on Hardy moving to DT on those pass downs.

Plus, some of it is wishful thinking....we should all want Alexander to explode. Helps with keeping the others. If you we have a choice....I'd prefer Hardy have a solid year and our sacks come from

the collective group rather than him posting a great year

i think a big part thats being left out of all this hype is frank alexander

this guy had a better rookie season than either CJ or hardy ever had

statistically he was our most efficient pass rusher from the inside

plus i heard in his free time he murders baby kittens for fun

cant fug with that brah

I would definitely beg to differ that Alexander had a better rookie season than Hardy.  Hardy had .5 sack more, 12 more total tackles, a safety (that Big Frank didn't have), and two forced fumbles (that Frank didn't have any of).  The only stat that Alexander did better in was passes deflected (3 to 1).

CJ only played in 3 games as a rookie, so of course Frank's rookie season was better.  But the first season that CJ actually played significant time in he did way better than Frank's.

I watched all three players' careers closely from the beginning, I had specific interest in all three.  Of the three, the one I was most excited about after their rookie season was Hardy.  CJ is 2nd on that list (considering his 2nd year, not 1st since he almost never played).  I'm real excited to see Frank's development and I think he'll be good, but he won't be supplanting either of our current starters.  He does give us insurance in case something happens to either one, or CJ leaves the team due to money at some point.  I'd be confident in him if he had to start, but I don't see the same potential in him that I saw in Hardy or CJ after the same amount of playing time.

Bold means it is going out on a limb....and I was counting on Hardy moving to DT on those pass downs.

Plus, some of it is wishful thinking....we should all want Alexander to explode. Helps with keeping the others. If you we have a choice....I'd prefer Hardy have a solid year and our sacks come from

the collective group rather than him posting a great year

Heh yea, keeps the price tag down.

ideally we should hope Hardy and Alexander have a great year..  CJ got paid, and if Gettleman wants to be the GM we all hope he could be, then he will trade/allow CJ to walk and draft players to be his replacement..

only in a perfect world would CJ be the DWill of this team..   granted they both are excellent, but you must replenish this team with youth and give yourself options to trade the elders...

This was the idea I originally had in mind when Rivera came to town..  not only that but he also said he would step on the throats of his opponents..  there has been a lot left to desired in my estimation...  That roll over hasn't exactly had time to be established, however, Gettleman has made quick changes in less than 6 or so months..    Maybe the times are a-changin, yet again...

Archived