• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Am I the only person worried about Amini Silatolu?

Udogg

I see all the complaints about Garry Williams on here as of late.  However I don't see the same concern about Amini.  I mean he improved but he went from atrocious to just bad.  I'm probably missing something so can someone fill me in on why there isn't just as much concern for Amini as Gary Williams?

He was a rookie that basically played glorified high school football for college football and was thrusted into a terrible offensive line situation. What did you expect from him?

There are very few offensive lineman that succeed right from the beginning.

He's looked great in practice and Kalil had nothing but high remarks for Silatolu saying that he thinks that Amini could have a pro bowl year.

He struggled at first but made big strides towards the end of last year and playing without Ryan Kalil certainly didn't help him any. We really just need to get these guys into game sitautions (aka preseason) to really see how they're doing before we start to worry.

He was pretty solid toward the end of the season last year and camp reports this year have been positive. I'm far more concerned about the right side of the OL. Even if Silatolu isn't great, playing between Kalil and gross will help him a lot. When you combine below average RG with below average RT, that's cause for concern.

he was a rookie and they all look like they are on roller skates, but he finished off the season not bad like you say, but respectable. 

he'll be more  than fine this year, esp. with gross and kalil on eiither side. that side of the line i have no worries about. 

Archived