• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

One thing we didn't talk about: Deangelo

Rags

I liked DWill's move..  yanno, the one where the defender has the outside covered so Deangelo fakes wide right and foolishly the defender (like a dumbass) assumes DWill is going to run 5 miles to the outside around him, yet busts inside to pick up solid yardage..

still can't figure out how people fall for it...  I mean, with my speed, I get it..  With typical NFL speed, wtf...

Well, maybe it's just me. But to me, Deangelo has always hit the holes hard and run with explosiveness.  If he has ever been stymied it's because of bad O-line play and the generally ill-conceived, repetitive use of the read-option that we saw for the first half of last season.  The effort has always been there.

That's what happens when you use a traditional offense and he knows he is getting the ball....instead of Chuds maybe you get it and maybe you don't BS read option nonense.....Every second is critical when your o-line isn't the best and a gap loses in a flash

I didn't think he looked that great. Especially at the goal line.

He needs a hole....

Stewart can shake a tackle or break one at the line....same with Tolbert.

If Williams encounters contact near a line....he is done.

He had a hell of a block on one play as well! knocked the LB or DE on his ass!

Caught that.  very cool.

Rucker noted all the backs were running more 'North-South' than they had before.  I'd expect the change in RB coaches had something to do with that.

If we pound the ball, we fugging win. Dwill averaged almost 100 yards per carry over our last six wins and we always controlled the clock at the end of the game because the defense didn't know if cam was going to throw the ball from one end zone to the other, or we were running a draw play. Our defense is good enough to where we can allow a running back enough carries to get 1,000 yards now. I've said this in so many threads yet no one listens,. We will ground, we will pound, we will keep on pounding, and we will win.

Archived