• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ben Affleck is your new Bruce Wayne; Bryan Cranston as Lex Luthor?

Dpantherman

i don't think batman is particularly difficult character to portray.

flip on your batman voice, cover 80% of your face, have a serious attitude and you're set.

that being said, it's batman not batboy. i wouldn't have even considered affleck for the role.

Prolly gonna get poo on for suggesting it, but I think Ben Foster could have handled this role very well... even though he's a ginger.

I'll wait and see about Affleck. I've liked most of his work, but DD sucked balls (theatrical release to be fair), and not my idea of the Batman type. But then again, this is also why I'm not in Hollywood making the big bucks either.

Prolly gonna get poo on for suggesting it, but I think Ben Foster could have handled this role very well... even though he's a ginger.

I'll wait and see about Affleck. I've liked most of his work, but DD sucked balls (theatrical release to be fair), and not my idea of the Batman type. But then again, this is also why I'm not in Hollywood making the big bucks either.

Ben Foster always comes off as a little unhinged.

Not in a good batman way either.  You got to believe that although Wayne is clearly a disturbed individual, you dont ever think he is just going to start killing people.  With Foster you would think that was an option.

Ben Foster always comes off as a little unhinged.

Not in a good batman way either.  You got to believe that although Wayne is clearly a disturbed individual, you dont ever think he is just going to start killing people.  With Foster you would think that was an option.

Fair enough, but I do remember back in the day, Batman in the DC comics did kill the occasional henchmen or twelve, with a good day being he winged the hell outta the Penguin (pun intended). It was only after the whole mother's movements in the late 70s and early 80s that he started to tie up bad guys instead of outright killing them, given the chance.

Slightly unhinged and not afraid to permanently take down bad guys is my idea of who Batman is. So, Foster kinda fits the true vigilante and darker style I'm expecting.

Me and Dpantherman will like this...

JT wants to play the Riddler...

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/justin-timberlake-wants-to-play-the-riddler-1200592367/

“Not a chance in hell. I ain’t playing Robin. I have no aspiration to ever be a superhero in a movie,” he told the radio show.

“Now, a villain! I’ll tell you the villain I want to play more than anything because I grew up loving Batman, funnily enough, is The Riddler. The Riddler is my favorite villain. The Riddler was like a sociopath. He was proper crazy. So if I’m gonna play crazy, I’m wanna play proper crazy.”

Can Mrs. Timberlake also play a part?  Preferably a scantily clad part?

Maybe something like this...

1-Batgirl.jpg

If Jack Nicholson  had been given the same script that Heath Ledger was given, Ledger's performance would have seemed journeyman at best.

Come on now that's a little overboard. Ledger gave one of the most creative performances in the past 10 years in my opinion. I don't crown his ass like a lot of people do but he was incredibly unique in that movie. I say that as a huge Nicholson fan.

Affleck will have to pull a rabbit out of his ass to make this work. Bale is in my opinion of one the top 3 actors  right now. He had the aura, ego and confidence of Bruce Wayne. He's been the best one yet in my opinion. Michael Keaton second, then I throw Kilmer and Clooney in the garbage can.

I think the reason Bale turned it down was because this movie is a Superman cross over. That makes the script incredibly more difficult to be as thrilling the Nolan series, it already loses its grittiness. That said I wish he would have accepted.

You all do realize that if Heath Ledger didn't die there would have been at least 4 movies, 2 with the joker, then they still probably would have done Bane too. It would have been the greatest movie franchise ever imo.

Bruce Wayne / Batman dynamic is extremely difficult to portray

then all previous batmans are all phenomenal actors because it doesn't seem very difficult at all. not saying i could do it, but it doesn't require any sort of deep performance.... it's a super hero movie.

then all previous batmans are all phenomenal actors because it doesn't seem very difficult at all. not saying i could do it, but it doesn't require any sort of deep performance.... it's a super hero movie.

Clooney, Kilmer failed horribly at it

Clooney, Kilmer failed horribly at it

They did what they could with the material. Like Affleck with Daredevil, they didn't write the scripts.

I think it's pretty obvious Clooney can play a playboy type, considering he does in 9/10 of the movies he's in. And he's also really good in serious roles.

Clooney in a gritty Dark Knight style Batman with Bruce in his 50's would be fuging amazing.

Archived