• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cold in Hell- Florio picks Panthers

Jackofalltrades

It's pretty random when you're talking about a coach that's 13-19 and called the same exact defense 6 plays in a row while trying to contain "Jay Cutler" last year. But your right, that one time he controlled Peyton 5 years ago is much more relevant

Our coach was a D coordinator where he saw a good bit of Manning. He was D coordinator for an Offensive HC. Manning is the greatest QB who ever lived so yes its relevant. . . haha always.

I know youre just busting to "be right" cause you know your totally gonna win the internets. Right now most people are just pointing and laughing at you through their screens. Maybe if you use more sarcasm and you'll totally turn this around and redeem yourself

Touchdown. You win

Lol yes. The guy that led our defense to be ranked 24th and 13th against the pass during is tenure here is now completely redeemed because we all just learned that he controlled Peyton in a game 6 years ago. Wow, its so nice to have a Dick LaBeau on our hands

Our coach was a D coordinator where he saw a good bit of Manning. He was D coordinator for an Offensive HC. Manning is the greatest QB who ever lived so yes its relevant. . . haha always.

I know youre just busting to "be right" cause you know your totally gonna win the internets. Right now most people are just pointing and laughing at you through their screens. Maybe if you use more sarcasm and you'll totally turn this around and redeem yourself

I bet all the chicks love your internet skills. Grow up.

Heh, even more national respect that so many of our fanbase craves and complains that we don't get enough of. I certainly hope the team can actually justify it on the field and not monumentally disappoint like in previous season openers.

I've always liked Florio. He has a Bright mind, not a football mind but a bright mind. I think sometimes we sit here in our barbecue stained wife beaters envying his success because in terms of football, he is no better than us. He is just a passionate fan that quit his day job and became highly successful in a cottage industry. He has a talent though. It's not like he's an idiot.

This is so spot on. Florio is brilliant at what he does, people just fail to realize what it is that he does exactly. The man has built a small empire in a very competitve field. He is far from the idiot people on message boards like this one make him out to be. His somewhat abrasive manner really gets under thin skinned people

People are just so quick to say "Florio is an idiot" because over the last couple years and said meany things about Steve Smith and has not had high praise for the Panthers eventhough they obviously deserved praise. Same goes for Pat Y , Sorenson, etc....guys are a lot better at what they do than people will see because they have gone blind with rage because these guys havent always sang about rainbows and butterflies when it comes to this team.   

Florio is a highly intelligent individual who has really built his site into a decent nationally recognized place BUT his football knowledge is very limited. He usually just regurgitates stuff from the larger media outlets. This has improved as he's added to the staff, but it's still not as reputable as several others.

He's the leader when it comes to legal issues and I learned a TON from him during the lock out. I don't agree with his ultra liberalist ideals a lot of times, but he's very knowledgable and credible when it comes to legal stuff. As an attorney he should be a great resource, but you do have to give credit where it's due.

My problem, mainly, is his long standing disdain for the Panthers, most notably Cam and Smitty. He seemed to go out of his way to post any negative blurb he could find in the past.

Archived