• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4th and inches

Toolbox

this times

pissed me off the first time he did it. even more pissed off the second time. it was at that moment i realized that he is the same lame coach he's been the first couple years.

i don't care if the players like him. they aren't winning with him. he can't get the job done.

find someone that can. if he's got a losing record going into the bye, he needs to be gone.

no more excuses. just win. if the players don't want him gone, then they need to make up for his insufficiences.

What coach do you think is gonna come in week 4 and turn us into a winning team? The only thing that will happen with firing Rivera during the season is exploding the season and pissing off the players. Smith likely retires, and I doubt Cam sticks around to "rebuild" through his prime. Hardy probably signs with whichever team Rivera gets signed as d-coordinator.

. . .in your own side of the field.

I swear to God, i think some of you have never seen a football game before.

The 4th and inches was close to the 50 yard line.. that's not a bad place to attempt to go for it.. if its back at the 20 you would have a point.

I think the more disgusting decision was to have the ball around your own 30, around 35 seconds left in the half, all three timeouts left, Seahags get the second half kick off, and you do nothing. Couldn't we have at least tried to pick up 30-40 yards to attempt a FG. Did he really think the Hags were only going to score 3 points? Yeah I know it's taking a risk. But you have to take risks. That conservative poo ain't going to win you nothing.

I think the more disgusting decision was to have the ball around your own 30, around 35 seconds left in the half, all three timeouts left, Seahags get the second half kick off, and you do nothing. Couldn't we have at least tried to pick up 30-40 yards to attempt a FG. Did he really think the Hags were only going to score 3 points? Yeah I know it's taking a risk. But you have to take risks. That conservative poo ain't going to win you nothing.

They had 2 timeouts as well, if we turn the ball over they could do the same exact thing AND receive the 2nd half kick off.

I don't know that anyone could make the wrong call there. Your QB is 6 foot 5, built like a linebacker, and has incredible drive in piles. put him under center, run him up the gut.

Don't get me wrong, if it's me, that is my exact mindset there. I think statistically we're something like 24 for 25 on converting 3rd and 4th downs with 1 or less to go, IIRC. That is because of Cam.

But, at the point he passed it up the first time, I was okay because I was still hoping/believing we were going to suddenly show that aggressive-downfield approach and start racking up points... Which never happened, lol.

this times ∞

pissed me off the first time he did it. even more pissed off the second time. it was at that moment i realized that he is the same lame coach he's been the first couple years.

i don't care if the players like him. they aren't winning with him. he can't get the job done.

find someone that can. if he's got a losing record going into the bye, he needs to be gone.

no more excuses. just win. if the players don't want him gone, then they need to make up for his insufficiences.

You wanted him to go for it on the Panther 34? Up? Against a Seahawk team that wasnt doing much at that point?

4th and 2nd at the 50? Up....against against a Seattle team that wasnt doing much?

neither of those are comparable to Atl IMO.

Should of punted. Should it of allowed the big TD pass and fumbled

I'm probably in the minority here, but I didn't disagree with that call. Mainly because I didn't trust Shula to make the right call to get the first and second, because there was so much game left, and third, we were somewhere around our own 35 or 40 IIRC. Had it been in the 4th, absolutely.

And as made a abundantly clear in my posts, I hate Rivera, so I'm definitely not defending the idiot.

should have done a qb sneak with our 6'5 250lb qb. You really don't believe cam can move the ball 1 inch. He could have even leapt over the line and got it. Either why they are not stopping him.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

We had two opportunities on fourth and short, never went for it. That being said, most coaches do not go for it. Rivera played it by the book. It is the book that is wrong.

resurrection of Fox ball.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

Archived