• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bill Polian still ranks Cam at the bottom of young QBs

CPF4LIFE

Just came on the drive and talked to Taylor and Marc.

-Said that he likes what he has seen out of Cam over the last 3 games. Said he is growing and has been since the last 6 games of last season

- The biggest mistake Cam has made the last 3 games was the pick in the Buffalo game.

-Likes Cams attitude from the off season till now. Said he agreed with Cams comments over the off season about it being time to win. But thinks Cam is to hard himself because he just doesnt have enough experience yet. Said the arrow is definitely trending up tho.

-Said he talked to Gettleman before the game and Gettleman said he thinks Cam is finally ready to "breakout".

-Still ranks him at the bottom of the young qbs list. Said even TANNNEHILL IS BETTER THAN CAM.........Yeah that was pretty stupid

-Said its more about wins tho, and to Cams defense he only had one year of big time college ball and is still behind on the learning curve of the other guys. take that how u want it.

-Said ranking players is overrated and Cam nor anyone else should look to far into it.

Taylor and Marc did not agree with him that Kap, Tannehill, RGKnee were better than Cam.

Take these comments how you want, im just letting everybody know. I dont look to far into what people think and say anymore. I think we should just focus on winning and let the play speak for itself.

I think he was on target with some his comments which were largely positive.  I don't know if ranking him below those other guys is correct or not but he makes a good point which many have stated here which is that given the 1 year he played at a high level in college, he has about the same amount of high level experience right now as many 4 year college starters have when they come into the league.  So the guys he has on his list have more experience than he does.  Given that is how he make his distinctions, his logic follows pretty well.  Take it for what you will.

His reasons that keep Cam at the bottom of his list are all about win/loss record. Cams improvement of Wins +5 his rookie year is significant..and Offensive rankings from 31 to 5th Is significant bc of Cam.

If this has to be explained to a Polian then he has checked out of NFL long before his retirement

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I find it funny when ever they bring him on its ALWAYS the same question...where do you rank the young qbs blah blah blah and he literally restates the same argument over and over.

I didn't listen to it but I knew that he probably mentioned experience and 1 year of college football etc etc.

Btw doesn't RG3 have a losing record as a starter now.

Archived