• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Schefter just reported Fitz is on the block

Ruff

Restructure.

And so what if he's 30? He's not a speed guy.

I'm thinking long term here. I wouldn't mind having him, but for the right price.

His contract is enormous, I think it's supposed to be 18 mil next season.

Spotrac says he is due to make $12.75 million next year.

@AdamSchefter: A trade for Cards WR Larry Fitzgerald will be in play this off-season, in likely event a deal not completed before Tuesday’s trade deadline.

@AdamSchefter: Come off-season, Larry Fitzgerald and Cards will be on clock, when some believe a divorce is somewhere between possible and inevitable.

Dunno. Schefter said 18mil. :/

That's his cap hit. Which includes the signing bonus designation. Any team that acquired him via trade would only be on the hook for his base salary which is 12.7 in 2014 and 8 in 2015.

Of course it goes up to essentially 15 from 2016-18.

Man you folks are out of your mind if you wouldn't take him IF he restructured his deal....and we all know Gettleman is a restructure kinda GM....and didn't have to give up a kings ransom in regards to draft picks. Having him on our team would probably have added two more wins for us this year.

Lol the people saying that Fitzgerald's best days are behind him are likely the same people who think height and straight line speed are essential parts of having a good wide receiver.

He has played in the NFL for a decade....his best days aren't yet to come.

Archived