• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Melvin Whites NFL comparison from Nfl.com pre 2013 draft.

thunderraiden

Yep. There's nothing to get excited about. Pryor and Manuel have been compared to Newton. Does that make it true? Lulz no. No. White is good but will be as good as Sherman? Hell no... BUT does he need to be? No. As long as he does he job effectively, who cares? Let him be Heisenberg.

And what makes you so certain he won't be as good if not better than Sherman?    Please quantify your statement.

I would like to know why you think this is absolutely impossible?  Is it because Sherman was drafted and White wasn't.

Lol I like the upbeat nature of the Huddle recently, but lets just pretend for a minute that some ATL fan said they had a random no-name rookie corner that some guy compared to Sherman. Imagine the full-belly laugh we would all have.

Im loving what I see out of White, but maybe its a tad early to compare him to this best corner in the entire NFL.

Remember, these draft guys also said Reggie Bush is comparable to Barry Sanders, Jamarcus Russell has better raw talent then John Elway, and Aaron Curry is the "surest player" in the draft

Still think we might need to pick up a CB early next year.

No way the first 3 picks need to be offense. I wouldn't even mind going OL back to back like we did with DT this year.

If we can keep this same front 7, all we have to do is have average secondary players that know how to tackle and catch and we are top 5 defense year in and year out.

No way the first 3 picks need to be offense. I wouldn't even mind going OL back to back like we did with DT this year.

If we can keep this same front 7, all we have to do is have average secondary players that know how to tackle and catch and we are top 5 defense year in and year out.

All the bad teams next year will be getting line help. Build the line through FA and draft WRs and CBs.

Archived