• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Been awhile since I seen an opposing fanbase giving us absolutely 0% chance of winning.

thunderraiden

The 49ers are dead last at passing the football, but the Carolina Panthers Defense is 10th against the pass and 2nd against the run. I don't think Frank Gore is going to have a big game (see other examples this year: Marshawn Lynch 43 yards, Adrian Peterson 62 yards, Steven Jackson 57 yards. We have faced better running backs than Gore and held all of them to a few yards and 2 rushing TD's. The 49ers rushing defense has given up 7 rushing TD's. So, if the 49ers are last in passing and if the Carolina Panthers continue their trend of relegating oppossing running backs to insignificant yardage, what are the 49ers going to do? The Carolina Panthers are averaging over 25 points a game (over 30 points a game in their last 4). If you think the Carolina Panthers have very little chance to beat the 49ers this Sunday you are a moron.

I agree with you, I believe we will shutdown the run.

BUT, I think there is more too it than just Gore. Alot of it comes down to their O-line.

Lets face it, they are studs. The assumption that a great o-line makes other positions on offense look better than they actually are is true. They make Gore better than he actually is, and the same goes for that dickhead Kaepernick.

Luckily for us we have a great front 7 to combat their great o-line. Its gunna be a battle of the trenches, and something has to give.

Panthers will prevail.

The 49ers have more talent top to bottom.  The 49ers have the better OLine, and the 49ers will be bringing the heat on Cam Newton and your shaky makeshift line.

Keep trying to predict this game with all your silly stats.  Guess what, it doesn't matter.  The Niners don't play for stats.

The 49ers are last in passing because they don't throw the ball, but when they do, they're rated as one of the top teams.  Had the 49ers stuck with the run and not get lost in an identity crisis, they would have beaten the Colts.

The reinforcements they're receiving just in time for this game would be starters on most team.  Harbaugh is finally letting Kaepernick run with the ball after he was nursing an injured foot for the first few games, and the passing offense WILL open up.  

Nothing about Carolina tells me they should have the advantage in this game.  They're trying to do what San Fran has already done for the last 2 years, but San Fran is STILL better than them at it.

Probably gonna be a close game, I don't expect a blowout, but the 49ers should definitely be considered the favorites, and will most likely win.

There is absolutely NO excuse to be dead last in passing. Your are literally behind every shitty team and shitty QB. If we get up on you, you're fuged and you will come to terms with this come Sunday.

There is absolutely NO excuse to be dead last in passing. Your are literally behind every shitty team and shitty QB. If we get up on you, you're fuged and you will come to terms with this come Sunday.

Yes, but the 49ers are last in attempts, and 7th in net yards per attempt. That tells me they hardly ever pass the ball, but when they do they are pretty effective at it.

Also:

In an epic show down of quarterbacks taken from 2011 draft, Cam Newton and Colin Kaepernick excite.. That is until Cam goes down mid-way through the 3rd quarter due to a neck strain from too many towels across his neck.. It looks like all hope is lost for the Panthers. Steve Smith looks pissed!! Ron Rivera looks.. the same! Cam Newton looks... like he's hiding behind a towl!

But wait... There's hope...

A kid, straight off the street, who has been warming for the past 3 months.. just loosening his arm for just the right moment.

4353023_o.gif

As he walks down from the stands, Rivera has no idea what he's doing on the field, but since he has no idea how to run an offense, and this kid has a seriously determined look on his face, he decides, why not. Afterwords, "the kid" goes on to score 8 touch down and 15 extra points on his own to shock the Niners and sadden Cam Newton, who was all but forgotten after the game. The kid only wants it to be known, that Cam's mom's favorite player is no longer Cam....

Final Score: Panthers 140 - Niners 10

ahahahaha

We're in trouble here. Kuechly is going to show Bowman and Willis who the real best MLB is. Cam is going to have plenty of opportunities to show off the Superman from all the TOs Kuechly gives him. Jonathon Stewart and Deangelo Williams are going to look like it's 2008 all over again, scoring multiple TDs each.

This will be our nightmare gentlemen. 56 - 2, with the 2 coming from the Panthers just feeling bad and kneeling in the end zone for us.

I think this will be a defensive struggle won by turnovers and special teams.  I doubt either team goes wild offensively.  I think whichever quarterback stays patient and takes what they are being given rather than trying to make big plays and win it themselves will come out on top.  Honestly the Panthers have nothing to lose.  They are the underdogs and are playing on the road. If anyone feels the pressure it may be the 49ers.

Both quarterbacks are going to have win this one with their arm and their own legs given none of the running backs are going to do that much.  If Gore gets 35 carries he might get a hundred yards but won't be averaging 5 yards a carry.  For that matter neither will Williams, Stewart or Tolbert.  The offense will be determined by the receivers and guys making big catches and keeping the sticks moving.

I think we have a good chance to win but I think it will be close at least in the first half.

My biggest fear is that our OL isexposed Sunday. We were not strong going in, and we have a LT pondering retirement, a second string LG who was released and not picked up by anyone until we had an injury, a third string RG who was a defensive tackle and would not have made the roster this year, and a RT from New Mexico who was undrafted and is considered one of the weakest in the league.

I hope cam is working on the quick-hitting routes, the screens, the draws, etc this week. I hope he plans to run. We cannot expect our OL to hold out their DL/LBs for 4 to 5 seconds. I have a feeling they will send a lot of blitzes at us.

the team might as well stay home, the way you paint the story.

Oh, we bringing up games from OVER a month ago? Our only losses were to two GOOD TEAMS.  Too bad the Panthers don't count as a good team.  Who did you guys lose to? Oh... that's right...

wKNTJt3.jpg

That game was from over a month ago. You seem a little nervous to be playing such a bad team tomorrow. 

Archived