• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Demanded The Ball More at Half Time

chknwing

I wish more of the players in the locker room asked for the ball more and capitalized on it like Smitty did. Without the guy we would be down to a 3rd possession receiver and a guy who can get open down the field but can't catch the high impact balls when he needs to. Without Steve Smith all we truly have is Greg Olsen and a bunch of 3rd and 4th receivers.

We really need to fuging address our wr position next year. Steve Smith still being our number 1 receiver at 34 years of age is going to catch up to us fast.

no offense to ginn or lafell but those two didn't look good receiving........smith and olsen were the go to guys like earlier in the season, IMO if those guys don't get it going early i'm all for getting Olsen and Smith more targets, even our rb's should get some screens or a wheel routes.

Ginn on the deep ball just isn't connecting unless he's open by yards

I Love.  You.  SS89.   My favorite player of all time,  not just from the Panthers.   

He had the right match-up against Grimes.    Grimes couldn't shut him down.

If Revis is healthy though,  please do not force the ball to SS89 and please do not demand the ball. 

In Ron's interview on Panthers Gameday later that night, he mentioned that Steve asked for the ball at halftime. He said they needed more guys to step up like that during games like that one and that is what makes the locker room click.

I see absolutely no problem with it. It told everyone he was ready to step up and be that guy and he expected everyone else to also. Ron is all about "stepping up" and recognized the motivation it brought.

I love that he asks for the ball. That should give Cam trust. Knowing 89 wants the ball makes me happy.. once he gets it he is not settling for a slide down he is constantly trying to get away from defenders. I do not think this is disrespectful at all.. being down at half we HAVE to have someone to lead and step up.

Smitty won us that game regardless. That 4th down was CRUCIAL. Thinking about it going to someone else and dropping it would be miserable way to lose.

Archived