• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Power Rankings: Week 15

SgtJoo

All this playoff talk.  This team finishes at 10-6 and they will miss the playoffs.

We are in the playoffs whether you like it or not.

We hold the tie breaker over the Niners and the Cards still have to play the Niners and the Seahawks.

We are in the playoffs.

Playing in 1 degree weather in a harsh enviroment like Philly isnt ideal. I would rather take my chances with a sloppy Lions team. The Eagles went right through our D in pre season., We almost beat Detroit in 2011 when we had the worst D in the league. Cold weather stifles defenses and we havent played a game in below freezing weather yet and I would rather not test it during the playoffs.

1 degree weather lol

Are we talking about weather or matchups because there is no guarantee it'll be super cold the day we play them with the weather being up and down as it is. It'll take my chances with a QB with no experience and McCoy who we're very good at(stopping the run) vs a aerial attack in domes against the Boys & Lions, which we're kinda weak against

CBS: 8 (∇3)

Winning in New Orleans is tough to do, but they have a chance to get even next week at home. The defense didn't show up against the Saints.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/powerrankings

Yahoo: 4

They can't win at the Superdome. Join the club.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/shutdown-corner-nfl-power-rankings-much-does-losing-054423258--nfl.html

SBNation: 6 (∇3)

Current Playoff Projection: NFC #5 seed (Wild Card)

Cam Newton is famous for his Clark Kent touchdown bit, but he was no match for the Superdome Supermen as the Saints continued to look unbeatable at home. Newton was constantly under siege with nowhere to go with the ball, and the Panthers' defense looked like it was Day One of the training camp zone install as Marques Colston found open spaces with ridiculous ease. Carolina can shake it off after a tremendous eight-game stretch, but even a victory in the rematch may not be enough to keep the Panthers off the road in the playoffs given the Saints' conference tiebreaker edge.

USA Today: 7 (∇3)

The undermanned secondary finally got exposed. Will it be more of the same Dec. 22 in Charlotte?

Fox: 5 (∇3)

Carolina can get revenge on the Saints in two weeks, but even if the Panthers win, they would still lose the tiebreaker -- assuming the Saints win their other two games.

NBC/PFT: 6 (∇4)

The Panthers need to shake off their loss to the Saints as fast as the Saints shook off their loss to the Seahawks.

ESPN: 6 (∇3)

Carolina won't wait long for a shot at redemption. After hosting the Jets this week, the Panthers get the Saints in Carolina before finishing at Atlanta, making 11-5 very realistic.

NFL.com: 6 (∇3)

We saw what we needed to see in Sunday night's loss to the Saints on two fronts: 1) How the Panthers fared on the road in an important, nationally televised game; and 2) how their offense responded when forced to play from (well) behind. Is it panic time? No. But this team likely will be on the road in the playoffs. Carolina can probably beat Dallas, Philadelphia or Detroit, but what about Seattle or New Orleans? That's the question with this group.

Reddit: 5 (∇2)

The win streak ends at eight, but the upside is the Panthers will likely be forced to go without a playoff bye, which is fine because they tend to do poorly off of them anyways. Regrouping and starting a new win streak is now imperative.

It seems that this was better than about 98% of the Huddle was predicting before the season began.

ridiculous still that many have NE and SF ahead of us....we went into SF and beat them (something that the Hawks could not do)....and beat NE on the biggest stage. Not to mention that NE is barely beating bottom dweller teams....and needed a phantom PI call at the end of the Browns game to win that one.

We sent into NO (a place where they are basically undefeated under Payton for 3 years) and lost.....yet we are below NE and SF.

We are still better than both of those team.

Plus they dropped us 3-4 places after 1 bad loss. I don't believe the Saints dropped that far after losing badly at Seattle? I definitely know the Pats didn't drop far after losing to us.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using CarolinaHuddle mobile app

I think most the Huddle has let it slip there mind who our QB is. Honestly, I was wanting a home Playoff game but I'll take the wildcard. Cam is going to catch fire in a championship atmosphere. This is what we have been waiting to see for the past 3 years. Once Cam gets in that style of game, he WILL go off. 

And we may still yet get a home playoff game. It's not completely out-of-the question that R.Wilson won't choke (again) in the playoffs. We could very well see a 49ers at Panthers NFC Championship Game. And I love our odds in that game.

Archived