• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

What is your weirdest medical condition?

Herbert The Love Bug

When I was 10 I witnessed sun eclipse, I had sun glasses and welder glass but still looked at the sun without protection just to see how it looks. I looked way too much and burned my eyelids. I got a 106 fever and went blind for 3 days. My eyes were in agonizing pain... I could not sleep or eat, my mom had to walk me to the bathroom... I would puke all over the place while walking... Doctors told my mom there is a chance I will be blind. I was getting many shots in my ass. I recovered on the 4th day, I wake up and was able to see for the first time in 3 days. Since I recovered I had a problem being on the bright sun, I see very bad during bright days... Sometimes everything around me is white if sun is shining bright but I see very good in the dark, I can see things in the dark other people can't. I love being in the dark.

i have two knees with less cartilage than i need. it doesn't affect my day-to-day life but i can't do sustained runs for days in a row with a backpack (which is why i couldn't get back into the USMC.) i also have a crown in place of my upper front left tooth thanks to getting it knocked out by a hockey stick at age 13. it's come out twice, once in thailand when i was young and insecure and trying to impress european girls and once at taco bell. i didn't really care. they glued it back in permanently and it's there to stay unless someone chisels it off

When I was 10 I witnessed sun eclipse, I had sun glasses and welder glass but still looked at the sun without protection just to see how it looks. I looked way too much and burned my eyelids. I got a 106 fever and went blind for 3 days. My eyes were in agonizing pain... I could not sleep or eat, my mom had to walk me to the bathroom... I would puke all over the place while walking... Doctors told my mom there is a chance I will be blind. I was getting many shots in my ass. I recovered on the 4th day, I wake up and was able to see for the first time in 3 days. Since I recovered I had a problem being on the bright sun, I see very bad during bright days... Sometimes everything around me is white if sun is shining bright but I see very good in the dark, I can see things in the dark other people can't. I love being in the dark.

pitch-black-6.jpg

You had a staring contest with the Sun? Nobody wins that battle.

Pilonidal cyst on my tailbone in 08. Freshman year of college. College football season is about to start. I am at practice when I find out I have it, because I get put on my ass on kick return team. Get it checked out and the doc gives me antibiotics and tells me to just gauze the top of my ass-crack so the puss didn't leak through my clothes.

Took almost a full year for it to completely go away on it's own. I stopped the antibiotics when I realized they did absolutely nothing. The puss smelled to all hell and if I didn't already have a gf at the time, getting laid would have been impossible.

Archived