• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Stadium Renovation Plans Announced

chknwing

Some of the listed renovations seem to be just fancy work, is this an attempt to host a future Superbowl? I always heard the state of a stadium always plays into the decision for where the game is played. I wish they did a better job moving the venue, each team should get an opportunity to host as it is a huge financial boost for a city.

Panthers twitter also posted that this is phase one of three in the renovation process, and will continue renovation over the next three years.

What other renovations could they be?

They'll probably repaint the place, renovate the suites, and do other cosmetic improvements in one of the phases.

Some of the listed renovations seem to be just fancy work, is this an attempt to host a future Superbowl? I always heard the state of a stadium always plays into the decision for where the game is played. I wish they did a better job moving the venue, each team should get an opportunity to host as it is a huge financial boost for a city.

Would be nice, however something about Charlotte not having the hotel accommodation space if I'm correct.

the lack of drainage system to deal with the swimming pool effect in the lower deck when it rains. Or some kind of rest room modification to put more urinals in the bathroom. 

These two line items are not mutually exclusive.  Anyone can swim in it, given enough pee in the urinal

You can see at the stadium where they've started doing the preliminary work for the escalators.  My question is it looks like they end up outside, so do they have a gate before you get on the people movers?  That's gonna be interesting.  I was under the impression they were going to be set up to use after you get inside the concourses.  

The way I have seen it elsewhere is a gate outside the escalators. That was how it worked at old Giants stadium

Would be nice, however something about Charlotte not having the hotel accommodation space if I'm correct.

This.

It's getting there, and things like the prez convention helps show that Charlotte can handle large-scale events.   But the Super Bowl does require a poo ton of logistics to make happen, and hotels are just one of the pieces.

So let's think 20 years down the line -- do we want BOA to be torn down and rebuilt next door (like they're doing in ATL), or do we want incremental updates like they've been able to do in Green Bay, Chicago to keep the history/location of their current stadium?

In order to secure a Super Bowl, I think you'd need to throw a roof on BOA Stadium. Charlotte is still a four-season town, and for better or worse, the League wants the Super Bowl to be in a warm climate or artificial climate. It's funny because ultimately winter towns like Minnesota that have domes are more likely to get a Super Bowl than us!

Archived