• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Former 49ers long snapper Brian Jennings on KNBR “Cam Newton owes me $25,000″

Car123

“Cam Newton owes me $25,000, a lot of people don’t know that,” Jennings said on Wednesday morning’s Murph and Mac Show on KNBR.

Jennings implied that an unprepared Newton cost him $25,000 more in a winner’s share after the NFC lost the 2012 Pro Bowl.

“We have Drew Brees with his playbook all week, studying. … We have Cam Newton with his head phones on all week goofing off. … We go into the game, and this guy is chucking the ball all over the place, and everybody is looking around going, ‘What’s this guy doing? Are you kidding?’ The punter and I look at each other and say, ‘We are going to have a long second half.’ We punted five times.”

“He went in there and stank it up. He never looked at his playbook and he’s chucking the ball all over the place. He can’t hit the open guy.”

Newton was 9 for 27 in the game with two touchdowns and three interceptions, which included a pick six to Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson. The NFC was up 35-31, then allowed four unanswered touchdowns in the second half and lost, 59-41.

On a radio show after the game, Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers said, “I was just surprised that some of the guys either didn’t want to play, or when they were in there, didn’t put any effort into it.”

I find it more amusing that people have to dig back to a pro bowl game years ago to find something to try and trash that evil cam newton lol

But peter king said... Lol

Go back to retirement you meaningless chum. Nobody knows your name, which is more than likely what this is about

Archived