• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cali, North Carolina residents banned from buying NFCCG tickets.

Not a fan of the practice, but it's not unusual.

Panthers tickets (both regular season, on initial day of sale as well as for today's game) are also geographically exclusive to the Carolinas.

Hence why it's tough for us out-of-towners to buy tickets direct and have to rely on begging from friends or paying big prices on stubhub etc.  It's just easier at times to buy the away games than it is to buy the home games.  Blech.

The Carolina Hurricanes did the same thing in the playoffs a few years back not allowing people in New York to buy tickets to the Buffalo Sabres- Carolina Hurricanes series.

Personally I think it is poor sportsmanship on the part of the home team.

I couldn't find anything on this after searching google for a few minutes... could you link something to back this up?

I also think it's a little different in a seven game series where each team gets to host at least two games...

Seriously wouldn't that be illegal in some way????  There has got to be some laws, or they can say they wont sell to people of a different skin color, females or whatever they choose.  Shows a serious lack of class.  Disappointed in that franchise.  

We would do the same thing.

We do it every year with our presale..or at least used to.

Yup, yup.  Can never get in.  Every damn year.

It's vague wording, but this was from http://www.panthers.com/tickets/playoffs.html

A limited number of tickets for the Carolina Panthers NFC Divisional Playoff will go on sale on Wednesday, January 1 at 10 a.m. throughout the Carolinas. The game will be played on Sunday, January 12 at 1:05 p.m. at Bank of America Stadium

It's that "throughout the Carolinas" line that gets me.    Did anyone outside of NC/SC buy their tix for today via Ticketmaster during the onsale?

Not a fan of the practice, but it's not unusual.

Panthers tickets (both regular season, on initial day of sale as well as for today's game) are also geographically exclusive to the Carolinas.

Hence why it's tough for us out-of-towners to buy tickets direct and have to rely on begging from friends or paying big prices on stubhub etc. It's just easier at times to buy the away games than it is to buy the home games. Blech.

Sorry, but NO. You can buy tix for our games with any adress in the world. You may have to use Will Call if you have an international adress. I do it every season.

Or it's to keep scalpers from grabbing all the tickets up using automated programs.

But you know.

Rabble rabble rabble.

Like there are 0 scalpers that live in WA or OR

What if you're a Seattle fan living in a different state ?

If we win today, I would certainly try for tickets for next weeks NFC title game ..flights from Denver to Seattle are reasonable

Sorry, but NO. You can buy tix for our games with any adress in the world. You may have to use Will Call if you have an international adress. I do it every season.

I really really want to believe you, but I've been geo-blocked on pre-sale and first day of sale ticket purchases

Let's see if that still holds true for this June-ish when the 2014 tix go up.  More than happy to disprove the theory.

Archived