• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio comments

ickmule

This...and before people get their panties all wadded up he wasn't implying that Cam won't be a franchise QB. Like SCP said, he said the term franchise QB is very subjective. You can earn the right of being a franchise QB by winning games in the playoffs and carrying your team on a consistant basis or you can be given the franchise QB label by a team investing a ton of money and years into your contract.

He brought up Stafford as an example....doesn't carry his team into the playoffs but he is Detroit's "Franchise QB' because they paid him like one.

Made sense to me.

He also agreed that the Panthers got screwed by many of the calls and non calls by the refs on Sunday.

Florio does come off as an arrogant ass at times which will rub some people the wrong way (doesn't phase me) but I always look forward to his segment because whether you like his opinion or not, he usually knows his stuff and I end up learning something new most times he is on.

Agreed. He always brings intelligent, well thought out responses and avoids conjecture. You might not agree with his opinion but he doesn't sugar coat stuff.

His definition of a FQB is just that, his opinion. I happen to think its a bullshit term anyway. Who really cares if Cam is a FQB or just the best QB we've ever had.

Florio like most NFL media are hypocrites.

In one sentence they can say it's the ultimate TEAM sports but then give all the credit and blame to 1 player. When it comes to W - l record. How in the ultimate TEAM sports are wins and losses a individual stat?

Secondly they pick and choose who they give excuses and credit to. Way to much. Luck while being very talented gets a pass for throwing 7 int's in 2 games??

Matt Ryan is considered a franchised Qb way before he got paid. While Jake Delhome with a better Playoff record wasn't. Jake has a better Playoff record then Aaron Rodgers. Nobody shits on Rodgers for that. Brad Johnson has a better winning % then Dan Foust and Dan Marino. Who considers him a franchise QB? Archie Manning is viewed as being a good QB on a bad team. He get excuses for being surrounded by crap (like Marino) but players like McNabb, Trent Green, and Bulger get criticized for not winning it all. Even thoe they always had their team in the mix and have great winning %.

Agreed. He always brings intelligent, well thought out responses and avoids conjecture. You might not agree with his opinion but he doesn't sugar coat stuff.

His definition of a FQB is just that, his opinion. I happen to think its a bullshit term anyway. Who really cares if Cam is a FQB or just the best QB we've ever had.

Yeah, the whole Franchise QB label is kind of BS, subjective, and pretty much irrelevant. When I hear the term "Franchise QB" only 3 names come to mind.  

Brady

P Manning

and maybe Aaron Rodgers.

Just said he is not yet a "franchise QB" in his opinion because he hasn't won yet in the playoffs. Said two things make a franchise QB, how much they are paid and how much they win in the post season.

Just remember, Florio was the person Peter King called up after his interview with Cam and he took the now famous and blown out of preportion quote, "Entertainter and Icon" and wrote a condescending piece on Cam that started the snowball of hate going.

As observed, 99.9% of those in the media who set out to keep Cam down are doing so because of who eigns their checks and not because they know or believe their own BS.

Football is a crazy sport where the most talented players aren't normally given their dues while the least talented(the QBs) players are awarded with them. That's why the masses feel more at ease with football more than basketball where you won't be seeing a guy like Birdman given the credit for Lebron's accomplishments. For me, I don't give give a poo how many yards or TDs Payton Manning throw for because his receivers have as many. If Cam's ability can be undermined so can all other QBs. But, unlike all other QBs, Cam's rushing yardages and TDs are all strictly his. Anyhow, those nonsense only matters if you listen to sports radios or read useless sports article. If you just follow the sport on Sundays & Mondays and then call it a day those opinions don't matter. Fact!

Fact is, Cam will get paid a $100 mil contract and will be playing for the panthers the next 5-6 years.

That's a really shortsighted way of defining a franchise QB (and that's a nice way to say it).

It's kind of like "MVP".  Is it the best player or the most valuable player?

Yeah, the whole Franchise QB label is kind of BS, subjective, and pretty much irrelevant. When I hear the term "Franchise QB" only 3 names come to mind.  

Brady

P Manning

and maybe Aaron Rodgers.

No Drew Brees?

Eli?  Flacco?  Cutler?

(not saying they are, just asking your thoughts)

Just said he is not yet a "franchise QB" in his opinion because he hasn't won yet in the playoffs. Said two things make a franchise QB, how much they are paid and how much they win in the post season.

LOL, so when Cam does when a playoff game where will Florio move the goalposts? 

Archived