• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Regarding Nicks

Ruff

@RapSheet: Multiple sources tell me Hakeem Nicks was fined repeatedly for being late to meetings & missing treatment. He battled thru several injuries

I doubt he ends up a Panther this season. I've seen a lot of mocks have him coming to us, but it looks like the guy just doesn't care.

Cant blame him. Who wants to play with Eli. Jk

But, pretty sure there were tensions there in NY. The dude wasnt gonna get paid so I dont blame him on being late to some meetings. If Im correct, Hardy missed some times too.

Its not going to hurt us. Its a win win situation here. Nicks get paid (5-7) mil and another chance to prove that hes worthy of a long term contract, while we get to "rent" him for one year and not slow down Cam's development.

Cant blame him. Who wants to play with Eli. Jk

But, pretty sure there were tensions there in NY. The dude wasnt gonna get paid so I dont blame him on being late to some meetings. If Im correct, Hardy missed some times too.

Its not going to hurt us. Its a win win situation here. Nicks get paid (5-7) mil and another chance to prove that hes worthy of a long term contract, while we get to "rent" him for one year and not slow down Cam's development.

Ya hardy didnt start a couple games because he was late, no big deal to me

Cruz got the money that he felt like he should've gotten. I think he signs with us. He's honestly not that sexy right now and a rookie will not push us up over the top in year 1. Smitty, Nicks, Ginn, and high draft pick would make us legit

think we would be ready for seattle and sf.

This is what one diehard  Giants fan had to say about This years Nicks situation in New York.

{" Nicks had a tough year but there was more going on here than first meets the eye. First, Wrong-Way Reuben becomes Eli's primary target when Cruz is covered (hence a strong contribution to Eli's INT's). There is no logic behind that. Second, to give Nicks zero looks in the Panthers game, his home state, was poor judgement on Eli's part. Nicks was not the same player after that game. Third, all those on the Jernigan bandwagon forget that the only reason he is on the field is the injury to Cruz. Plain and simple, JJ could not beat out Cruz for the slot position.
Nicks is a special player. The GB playoff win evidenced that. He came down with Eli's chuck before the half to essentially win that game. I'll take a motivated Nicks over JJ or Wrong-Way Reuben any day of the week. Finally, remember how Cruz got hurt. A 16-yard pass two feet over his head without any pressure on the passer. If anyone quit this year, it was the Giant's $20MM cap man, Eli."}

Will be interesting to see if Panthers even make a serious run at Nicks. If Giants are letting him walk, is it more money demands or other issues. Gettle has got the connections to NY so will find out; whether they thought he not worth trouble.

Archived