• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Camp Countdown: Defensive tackle

scpanther22

But if the Panthers have to delve into their depth, they'll have to go young. The core of the tackles aside from Lewis and Kemoeatu consists of three rookies and two players who spent time on the team's practice squad last year -- a quintet with a combined two games of NFL experience

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-1/camp-countdown-defensive-tackle/c362cbd2-d1d8-4b55-b3e6-bd08123caa6b

Our depth at DT makes baby Jesus cry.

Then again if they are talented it shouldn't make a big difference. Otah did pretty good as a rookie. Kalil struggled at guard but at the end of his rookie year did a decent job at center. I expect that Brayton/Johnson will come in on passing downs and if kemo or Lewis get hurt. these other guys can fill in for a few games. After all, the only to get experience is to play.

Nick Hayden seemed to get better as the year progressed. He was not lights out but he was a good sub for Lewis. Just pray Kemo and Lewis dont go down or so will our D. If that happens then we will see how really good Meeks is.

With the exception of Kemo, right now, we have a bunch of "guys." Nothing wrong with that necessarily but, while Jenkins was a pain, we have never replaced his level of ability on the DL. Perhaps someone will come close this year to being the new Jenkins. Last year, our pass defense in the latter part of the season was poor and I don't know how much the loss of Jenkins had to do with that but, hopefully, Ron Meeks will recognize that the DL that partners Kemo has to help in pass defense and not just run defense.

Nick Hayden seemed to get better as the year progressed. He was not lights out but he was a good sub for Lewis. Just pray Kemo and Lewis dont go down or so will our D. If that happens then we will see how really good Meeks is.

New York would not have won that game had Kemo been there. Because of that they ran it up the gut the whole game and we couldn't seem to do anything about it. Great game though.

New York would not have won that game had Kemo been there. Because of that they ran it up the gut the whole game and we couldn't seem to do anything about it. Great game though.

While I'm not thrilled with wither Kemo or Lewis, the Giants ran up 300 yards on us with both out. I think our run defense got worse as the year wore on because of injures and a lack of rotational depth. Kemo needs to rest that big body and if he's playing 80%+ of the snaps late in the season, the big man wares down.

I have yet to see what the Panthers say in Lewis to warrant a contract extention outside of they knew that the draft SUCKED for DTs this year and they didn't have the money *Peppers* to get a FA such as Rocky Bernard who just happened to sign with the Giants

Archived