• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Jordan Gross statue?

charlottenian

needs to be quoted

From the official Carolina Panthers website:

"The Carolina Panthers Hall of Honor was established in 1997 to honor individuals for their outstanding contributions to the Carolina Panthers. Honorees are recognized with life-size, bronze statues, which stand next to Bank of America Stadium's north entrance."

From the official Carolina Panthers website:

"The Carolina Panthers Hall of Honor was established in 1997 to honor individuals for their outstanding contributions to the Carolina Panthers. Honorees are recognized with life-size, bronze statues, which stand next to Bank of America Stadium's north entrance."

I meant your post needs to be quoted for emphasis since everyone is making the same mistake

Steve Smith is a potential NFL Hall of Famer and some of you think that he is not worthy of the Panthers Hall of Honor?  I think the only real decision is where the statue will go or if we should just go ahead and make 6 statues of him riding the larger Panther statues we have at the stadium entrances.

Sam Mills is a great inspirational story, was a great NFL player, and is a great representative for the Panther's Hall of Honor, but only playing 3 seasons for the Panthers and coaching for 5-6 more, does not hold a candle to the impact Steve Smith has had to our organization.  Up until we drafted Cam, Smitty has been the face of our franchise since 2001 and to think anyone else other than John Kasay or Jerry Richardson himself is more deserving of a statue is borderline ignorant.

Why does someone always want to give every half decent player that played for us a statue?

Like seriously, someone retires, then the statue and becoming a coach threads popup.

Gross was a great player but not statue worthy. Only one on our team that even comes close to maybe consideration is TD and even that is far fetched.

The only players i think should be in once they retire right now are Steve Smith and Thomas Davis.  John Kasay is borderline and I wouldn't argue against him, but I don't see it happening due to his position as a kicker, maybe i'm wrong.

I think Gross could be considered, but is in the "just missed the cut" category with:

Kasay, Delhomme, Minter, Moose, Rucker, Gross, DeAngelo

Cam and Kuechly appear to be on pace, but claiming a place for either would be premature.

Archived