• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Car most likely spot for Nicks

Jackofalltrades

Smith had a pro bowl QB....was the #1 target....and managed only 750 yards.

Nicks had more yards...was the #2 option....played on a bum knee....and had a QB throwing to him that was a train wreck and a complete turnover navhine.

Nicks is every bit the weapon that Smitty is.

Smith also played for a team that threw the ball less (70 less passing attempts), and when they did throw it, they tended to utilize a short controlled passing game.  Which is why comparing Smith's year last year to Nicks is futile.  

That being said, Nicks might indeed be a better weapon at this point in their respective careers than Smith, although in their prime its not even close.  But if we release Smith, don't sign Ginn, sign Nicks, and don't draft any significant receivers, I don't think we will be any better off.   But I do believe that if we release Smith and sign NIcks, we will stick try to pick up someone in the draft.

Guest Dark Knight

lol-gif-35.gif first 4 seasons:

HN- 59 games 283 Rec 4,170 Yd 31 TD 3 fmb

CJ- 60 games 270 Rec 4,191 Yd 33 TD 8 fmb

Growl are you going to contribute here or spew the usual "herp derp" meme speak we've read a million times before?

I'm contributing more to the huddle in this very post than you've ever contributed to the hakeem nicks "discussion."

BUT NICKS AINT NUTTIN BUT A LYIN CHEATIN ASS TARHOLE. HE CAINT CATCH WORTH A DAMN AND AFROCAN AMURICAN STUDIES AT UNC. ITS THE RAYUFS FAULT THE RAYUFS

IMMA HANG UP AND LISSEN.

#dukefans #statefans

As a state fan myself, I never have heard any fellow wolf pack fans diss UNC or Duke players in football 5 years after they played there.

As a state fan myself, I never have heard any fellow wolf pack fans diss UNC or Duke players in football 5 years after they played there.

You guys will prob turn into Steelers fans if we get Nicks AND draft Eric Ebron. 

ITS THE RAYUFS THE RAYUFS MARCUS PAIGE TRAVELED DAMN RAYUFS

Smith also played for a team that threw the ball less (70 less passing attempts), and when they did throw it, they tended to utilize a short controlled passing game.  Which is why comparing Smith's year last year to Nicks is futile.  

That being said, Nicks might indeed be a better weapon at this point in their respective careers than Smith, although in their prime its not even close.  But if we release Smith, don't sign Ginn, sign Nicks, and don't draft any significant receivers, I don't think we will be any better off.   But I do believe that if we release Smith and sign NIcks, we will stick try to pick up someone in the draft.

Thanks for posting what I wanted to say before I got all breathy and screamy.

IMO Nicks hasn't done anything of note in 2 years and if you watched the Giants at all last year, he just flat out didn't fuging care a lot of the time. I'm not usually one to get into the whole "heart" and "it" bullshit but his sandbagging really put me off. He was part of the reason Eli put up such putrid numbers.

We need at least one quality WR in FA (probably two if Smith retires) to pair with at least one draft pick. If it's Nicks then welcome aboard and I hope he tears poo up.

Like some of the dream scenarios already mentioned

• Work something out with Smitty
  • Sign Nicks to a 2 year deal (mix of prove it/long term)
  • Draft WR in the 1st/2nd (preferably 2nd with an OT falling to us) - Will be interesting to see where some OT prospects fall in the draft after FA

And then draft OL, OL, OL, OL, OL

Archived