• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

At 12-4 were we not supposed to make a push and go "All In"?

charlottenian

WTF are we in complete rebuilding mode? This team was two wins away from being in the Superbowl..... 2nd best team in the NFC, elite young defense.... Instead we toss away a lot of the pieces it took to get this good and go into bargain basement shopping mode.

Please explain to me which of those pieces we "tossed away." I'm waiting.

WTF are we in complete rebuilding mode? This team was two wins away from being in the Superbowl..... 2nd best team in the NFC, elite young defense.... Instead we toss away a lot of the pieces it took to get this good and go into bargain basement shopping mode.

weren't you trying to pass the bar or were these kind of decisions an example of why that didn't work out?

We're like the guy who's forced to go all in short stacked because he's about to get blinded out.

Here is my 2 cents.

Rivera and the 2014 Panthers were not suppose to achieve a 12-4 record.  Gettleman never dreamed of it and in reality thought that this off season and next would be a cleansing of the books...so to speak and I would AGREE 100% with Gettleman if the Panthers had not gone 12-4.  The fact is those second and third tier players stepped up last year and played for a coach that I had 0% of confidence in. 

All that being said, I have no problem with most of the cleansing that has taken place,,,.but these moves make no sense to me....  I do not believe Hardy was a priority and see franchising him as a no win situation as he will be too expensive and lost next year (Peppers part deux), but cost us some great role players this year.  I feel like not tying up Mitchell and Ginn were mistakes.  I think renegotiating Gross contract last season, but not trying to get him some of his money back with a 2 year extension and asking him for a couple more years was a mistake, especially considering we were 12-4 last year.  I obviously feel forcing Smith out and paying him $5 million to go away was simply ignorant.

All that being said....had we not finished 12-4 then I agree with every single financial move Gettleman has made.  It is almost like Gettleman has ignored the fact that the Panthers won the NFC South and continued with his original plan that he was hired to do.  The problem is those 12-4 players deserve better...Rivera deserves better....the fans deserve better.  

No it didn't.

Dude we had one of the worst receiving core in the league! Smitty was not only our best receiver but our only one. Remember when he couldn't play? No one was able to step up and take his place. And for that matter even Smitty admitted he wasn't a #1 receiver anymore. To say we didn't need to revamp our receiving core that HAS been ignored too long (we never found a replacement to Smitty) is completely ignorant.

Archived