• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers Interested in Kenny Britt

Catalyst

As another already stated. We are going to be interested in EVERY W.R. out there. That's just Gettlemen trying to appease the fans.

Quite confident when I say this, Gman doesn't give a fug what a few SSJS think! That crowd will shut up when we are Super Bowl threats every year!

If I'm Gettle, Britt has been my FA prize among WR the entire time! No.1 ability at practically undrafted FA cost. Big WR that can grab Cam's high throws and if he doesn't work out then ABSOLUTELY NOTHING LOST! Pair him with a reliable Avant/Cotchery and we have something that resembles a WR Corp.

Throw in a draft pick maybe, hope King lives up to potential, and let this draft be mostly about getting Cam protection! Quite sure as deep as this draft is on OL that it can be argued every pick that an OL is the BPA

Maybe, but he's been nothing but trouble on and off the field. And yet they say Smith had "Issues".

Smith is not worth what we were paying him for this year nor the remainder of the contract. Pretty sure the locker room and their agents got the clue that if you don't perform up to what you are paid then you are gone. No more free rides. After all, Smitty of all people turned out to be not immune

Said it a couple times on here before already. Will say it again. Without the off the field issues, Kenny Britt is the top WR in this year FA. The man is a stud and a true no1 WR. Can single handedly take over a game.

Tho, I'll be excited when it happen. For now, I dont see it happening.

He did have some awfull drops last season that even Donald would be ashamed of. I do agree that, if he can be 100% healthy, and won't have his off-field issues, he could be a #1.

Just some wild speculation for discussions sake.

Is it possable that the "issue" that Cam reportedly had with Smitty, was that Smith started out counceling Cam on his attitude, composure, demeanor, and how to conduct himself as a leader, but ended up harping on Cam to get the ball to him more as Smittys stats began to decline?

That could effect a young QBs concentration and slow down his develoment.

I mean Smitty had such a commanding presence and big attitude, I could see where Cam could have felt like he had to appease him. I seem to remember that a lot of Cams INTs came from trying to force it into Smitty?

Could that be what Gettlemen saw?

For the record I loved Smith and still can't fathom him in another uni

you know that could be the case. However, I highly doubt Cam was effected by Steve enough to want him completely removed from the team. I just don't see where there could be any LARGE amount of animosity existing within a team that is consistently winning games. But that's just me. I've heard that Smith was vocal about Shula's shitty play calling & could have been influencing Cam's attitude. But we will never know the real, true story full out. All we know now is that he's gone & Cam is undoubtedly gonna suffer because of it. He very well may have had trouble dealing w/ Smith's stern criticism but he's gonna have an even harder time dealing w/ the next upcoming season where he'll be more than likely losing more games than winning. We all know how much he hates losing right?

you know that could be the case. However, I highly doubt Cam was effected by Steve enough to want him completely removed from the team. I just don't see where there could be any LARGE amount of animosity existing within a team that is consistently winning games. But that's just me. I've heard that Smith was vocal about Shula's shitty play calling & could have been influencing Cam's attitude. But we will never know the real, true story full out. All we know now is that he's gone & Cam is undoubtedly gonna suffer because of it. He very well may have had trouble dealing w/ Smith's stern criticism but he's gonna have an even harder time dealing w/ the next upcoming season where he'll be more than likely losing more games than winning. We all know how much he hates losing right?

Good points. You're right, we probably will never really know the whole story.

DG shouldn't give a damn about the fans.He wasn't hired to be camp counselor.The notion that some have that he should be at all concerned about hurting your feelings or cutting a player is ridiculous.He is here to do what he thinks needs to be done to get this team right regardless of what any body here says or thinks.

With Jones gone, we've got the likes of:

Jerricho Cotchery

Kenny Britt

Lance Moore

Jacoby Ford

Tiquan Underwood maybe?

Danario Alexander injury king?

...Jason Avant...and that's about all of them left that are worth anything.  

If we can't get one those mentioned, we're going to be heavily relying on rookies and 2nd years w/no experience.   Something needs to happen.   

Archived