• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Panthers' Dave Gettleman has guts...

CanadianCat

Because he's the hero that Charlotte deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Diligent GM

Because he's the hero that Charlotte deserves, but not the one it needs right now... and so we'll hunt him... because he can take it... because he's not a hero... he's a silent guardian, a watchful protector... a Diligent GM

I had to pie you for The Dark Knight reference

I have yet to find a critic who can detail, in relation to the cap (dead money, stupid contracts) , the future of the franchise, etc. what Gettlemen should be doing in a logical, cost-effective manner.  Cut Godfrey?  Since he is a June 1 cut, I assume, that money will probably go to rookie contracts on June 2. Sign Hardy long term?  I am not sure that he wants to do that while his stock is at its highest point.  Rework CJ's deal?  There is just not enough fat to trim.  Hurney's contracts were stupidly constructed.   We get no help if a player is cut and is picked up elsewhere.  We even have to pay Gross guaranteed money for retiring.  Admittedly, that was what Gettlemen had to do to get his contract down last year to a reasonable figure, but that is what Hurney did--put the front office in "no win" situations.  If you spent 20 minutes looking at these deals and reading about them, you would know what the problem is--it ain't Gettlemen.

Gettlemen tagged Hardy to preserve the core.  Now he has to find about 5 starters with $8 million in his wallet.  Many of you are suggesting a spending spree to resolve that problem. ???  Get mad at Hurney for being an idiot.  Get mad at Richardson for giving an idiot the company credit card.  But it just shows a complete lack of awareness to blame Gettlemen. 

I have yet to find a critic who can detail, in relation to the cap (dead money, stupid contracts) , the future of the franchise, etc. what Gettlemen should be doing in a logical, cost-effective manner.  Cut Godfrey?  Since he is a June 1 cut, I assume, that money will probably go to rookie contracts on June 2. Sign Hardy long term?  I am not sure that he wants to do that while his stock is at its highest point.  Rework CJ's deal?  There is just not enough fat to trim.  Hurney's contracts were stupidly constructed.   We get no help if a player is cut and is picked up elsewhere.  We even have to pay Gross guaranteed money for retiring.  Admittedly, that was what Gettlemen had to do to get his contract down last year to a reasonable figure, but that is what Hurney did--put the front office in "no win" situations.  If you spent 20 minutes looking at these deals and reading about them, you would know what the problem is--it ain't Gettlemen.

Gettlemen tagged Hardy to preserve the core.  Now he has to find about 5 starters with $8 million in his wallet.  Many of you are suggesting a spending spree to resolve that problem. ???  Get mad at Hurney for being an idiot.  Get mad at Richardson for giving an idiot the company credit card.  But it just shows a complete lack of awareness to blame Gettlemen. 

Hurney Hurney Hurney Hurney Hurney Hurney.

Did I mention Hurney yet?

Archived