• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Impact of Jackson on Panthers draft

raleigh-panther

What will actually happen is the 49ers will grab Jackson for a cheap deal. Then this happens...

#4- Cleveland- Sammy Watkins

#7- Tampa- Mike Evans

#17- (Trade) Philadelphia- Brandin Cooks

#18- New York Jets- Marqise Lee

#23- Kansas City- Odell Beckham Jr.

#26- (Trade) New England- Kelvin Benjamin

#27- New Orleans- Jordan Matthews

#13- St. Louis- Calvin Pryor

#14- Chicago- Haha Clinton-Dix

#2- Rams- Greg Robinson

#12- Giants- Jake Matthews

#15- Steelers- Taylor Lewan

#19- Miami- Zach Martin

#22- (Trade) Baltimore- Morgan Moses

#9- Buffalo- Eric Ebron

#10- Detroit- Justin Gilbert

#24- Cincinnati- Darqueze Dennard

#25- San Diego- Jason Verrett

As much as I like DJax as a player, it's the off the field issues that concern me. I haven't heard of any incidents he's been apart of, however when a team in need of receiver help allows a player in his prime to walk without ANY compensation says a lot. The Panthers let Agent 89 leave because of his age, and it allowed him to pick where he wanted to end his (since it wasn't going to be here). But, to let Jackson go when he is just beginning to reach his peak (again) without receiving a pick or money speaks volumes. So, no I don't want him here. I understand Everyone has so type of issues they have to deal with, the Panthers seem to have a good locker room, they don't need a player coming in disrupting the chemistry.

A lot of smoke screens go on this time of year as we all know.

I'm not buying any statements by Rivera about anything regarding receiver or LT.

Not feeling too comfortable abut the human roller skater being moved from RT to LT. 

Sooner or later, the Panthers are going to have to have a quality offense, and they must have someone to stretch the field to keep defenses  from  going  8 in the box on the line of scrimmage.  The run game without Newton was anemic last year and

and no, I don't think the return of the 2 Guards from unknown universities will make that big of a difference.

One thing is certain, rookies are cheaper than Vets right now and I hope for Newton's sake the Panthers do something to help him, even if that involves trading up...the one thing I'm usually totally opposed to doing, but, the current offense scares no one....there aren't likely to be #1 WRs cut either, Jackson is an aberration I would not want, trouble, if not off the field then with his  yearly contract demands.    

As for the two WRs n the practice squad...ask yourself...how many practice squad receivers every amounted to starting WRs?

I suspect the % is very low.

Which is why us not pursuing Jackson is so stupid. We have to protect ourselves and we need an explosive, playmaking reciever.

But, it's okay... Jedi Gettleman will use the force again to find the next Victor Cruz walking the streets.

That seems to be the consensus of thr eay most of the huddle thinks. Hey no one predicted 12-4 last year gettleman knows what he's doing. To me looks likes he's asleep at the wheel and just knows were gonna suck. All this cotchery and Underwood are better than lafell and smitty crap. Like really? Seems to if they were better they would have gotten signed before those 2 but low and behold they didn't. So I guess gettleman knows more than thr other 31 gms.

Archived