• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

4th Round - Carolina selects Tre Boston, S, UNC

Ruff

Gettleman had a fantastic draft last year (and must of you bitched about many of his picks).....he brought in a bunch of journeyman stopgap a last year and struck gold (and mist of you bitched about the acquisitions)....now he is drafting again (and most if you are bitching).

He is 2 for 2 last year...I trust him and his rvuatio a more than any of you chuckleheads.

If we play Boston at CB... good lord. He was a highly touted CB prospect coming out of HS, but it was evident very early on that he wasn't a D1 caliber CB. He was moved to safety after getting burned repeatedly trying to play CB.

My biggest question about Boston is how many of his errors at UNC were truly errors and how many of them were him trying to cover for our awful CBs. UNC's secondary as a whole was pure garbage, but Boston was the one guy who did flash several times a game every game.

After thinking about it i really dont know why we drafted this guy, i mean unless they think he can play corner and we are pretty stocked at Safety. And special teams are never that bad too the point you have to use 4th round picks. This draft is really showing that they have a lot of faith in guys already on the roster. This could turn out really good or really bad when the season starts.

Tre Boston is a good football player.

At worst he will be great on special teams. He had 94 tackles 8 pass break ups and 5 ints. He excels at zone coverage, struggles in man, but we play a lot of zone.

He was a pretty good WR in high school and has decent hands.

He is far from perfect, but this is the 4th round so...

Archived