• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

2014 World Cup

Ja  Rhule

Can't wait. I'm not usually a soccer fan, but I get pumped for the World Cup and big international matches. 

I was in the Virgin Islands at a beach bar watching the Confederations Cup when we beat Spain in 09...the whole damn place was drinking and cheering together like we were at the match. Awesome day.

Love the Away jersey. Both both are ruined by Nike's logo. I get it, you're Nike, but does it have to be so pronounced? Put it on the side of the sleeve.

I think this WC I'll watch at a bar. The question is, which country? Surely there's a bar for all the big ones in the city. Who has the best fans? 

I was in the Virgin Islands at a beach bar watching the Confederations Cup when we beat Spain in 09...the whole damn place was drinking and cheering together like we were at the match. Awesome day.

The World Cup is fantastic because it's in the Summer. When we go on our Summer holidays we go to lively beach resorts. Everyone spends all day lying on beach but I can't stand that, so I'm always in the bar with loads of randoms watching the World Cup :)

The groups have nearly killed off some countries already, like USA and England. It's a shame as both countries could have really good World Cups otherwise, it's deceiving to say we were knocked out at the group stages.

That said, I can't help feeling Brazil will make an utter farce out of the competition. I know we get this nearly every major sporting competition, but I honestly don't see some of the stadiums being built on time, especially the one with the crane accident. Unbelievable how a developing country can be given two tournaments like this and the Olympics to build from scratch.

USA should've won 2022. Blatant corruption gave the tiny, rich country of Qatar the pick, and they've since murdered so many immigrants in the building of the stadiums (including in the Summertime) when apparently it's to dangerous to play and even WATCH football in the Summer.

Hooray, another essay :)

Spain to win the World Cup, that's my reckoning.

The World Cup is fantastic because it's in the Summer. When we go on our Summer holidays we go to lively beach resorts. Everyone spends all day lying on beach but I can't stand that, so I'm always in the bar with loads of randoms watching the World Cup :)

The groups have nearly killed off some countries already, like USA and England. It's a shame as both countries could have really good World Cups otherwise, it's deceiving to say we were knocked out at the group stages.

That said, I can't help feeling Brazil will make an utter farce out of the competition. I know we get this nearly every major sporting competition, but I honestly don't see some of the stadiums being built on time, especially the one with the crane accident. Unbelievable how a developing country can be given two tournaments like this and the Olympics to build from scratch.

USA should've won 2022. Blatant corruption gave the tiny, rich country of Qatar the pick, and they've since murdered so many immigrants in the building of the stadiums (including in the Summertime) when apparently it's to dangerous to play and even WATCH football in the Summer.

Hooray, another essay :)

Spain to win the World Cup, that's my reckoning.

I don't care what they say, there is not a man-made object that can get the degrees down from 122 to a suitable 75-80 for a soccer game in Qatar. That country doesn't have the resources to hold the World Cup and it was blatant corruption not only on the end of them actually winning the bid, but them securing the funds to even make the bid.

I think Brazil will do a fine job, a lot of the stadiums are already in place; the main issue is that the stadiums are so damn far away. For those going to the cup, it could be difficult to follow your team.

Fridays/Sats or Sundays and the format of the matches are perfect.

12/3 and 6pm matches. That rocks.

Already taking off early on June 13th for WC.

If anyone is game. Sir Edmund's may be the best place to watch England vs Italy on 6/14. I think that's a 6 pm match. O M G

That place could get rowdy.

Fridays/Sats or Sundays and the format of the matches are perfect.

12/3 and 6pm matches. That rocks.

Already taking off early on June 13th for WC.

If anyone is game. Sir Edmund's may be the best place to watch England vs Italy on 6/14. I think that's a 6 pm match. O M G

That place could get rowdy.

I'm game. RR is planning a party. He's good at it too. I had a pleasure of meeting last year.

Archived