• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

PJ Hairston punched a high school kid tonight?

SCP

Fact is PJ's actions have lead him to get kicked out of college and cost him a lot of money by slipping in the draft.

I don't give a fug what he does off the court, as long as he balls out on it. Problem is he will cost the Hornets if he continues his current career trajectory.

Yeah, I do like how he is the second coming of John Gotti for riding in a car with weed which may or may not have been his.

As i've said, my only concern with him is who he is hanging out with and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Those are maturity issues, they don't mean he's a serial killer.

But at some point you begin wondering...is this guy EVER gonna get it? Did getting thrown off the team at UNC still not persuade him to find new friends and put himself in better situations?

He was playing ball at the Y. Not fighting at the club at 3:00am.

You can question why he was at the Y, but a lot of high school, college, and semi pro players play ball at they Y. It isn't that crazy.

Some of you guys can't let certain allegiances go. This was a misdemeanor charge for a minor kerfuffle during a pick up game. The charges were brought by the kid, not the police.

The college stuff is only about a speeding ticket and a weed charge that nobody knows who's it was.

The poo Cam Newton was involved with in college was more egregious than what PJ did, or at least on par.

I agree PJ needs to stay out of Durham and Greensboro, but some of you guys already have your minds made up because you are State or Duke jock sniffers

Then again, I am a UNC jock sniffer so what do I know. :D

Again....this really isn't about the type of "crimes" he's committed, it's about his inability to make the right decisions or keep himself away from people/situations where stupid poo like this can occur. I don't think many people are really mad about him punching someone in a pickup game - they're more mad that they're even having to have to worry about this poo at the beginning of July and a few days after he was drafted. 

EDIT: IMO anyway...

But at some point you begin wondering...is this guy EVER gonna get it? Did getting thrown off the team at UNC still not persuade him to find new friends and put himself in better situations?

But that's why I pull for guys like Cam and PJ. I understand them. I was the same person... i turned it around and ended up doing well for myself and proving a lot of people wrong. I made mistakes, but I never actually got charges for anything outside of repeated speeding tickets. Although, i could have and I was destined to do a lot worse if I didn't turn it around.

As to what brings that about, I don't know. It's different for different people. Mine was probably my wife, as she was the first person to really push me and believe in me. Cam turned it around after getting booted from UF, and probably once we drafted him 1st overall. Some guys don't ever get it. But, it's a process. And with guys like PJ, the issue is that his reputation precedes him, and it's overblown... and when you're that guy, trouble seems to find you. Some of it is just maturation. I don't remember a point where I said, "I'm never hanging out with those guys again. Nothing good comes of it." It was a process... I realized that and made adjustments over a period of time. He could still be in that process, and this is just another bump in the road to hasten it. I don't think he's a bad guy. A lot of his issues have been him being a victim of circumstance. But, he has to take agency and accountability for his role in what has happened and make adjustments so he avoids those same circumstances, which he hasn't yet.

For all we know, a lowering of the shoulder, or spin move to catch an elbow is what could've provoked an argument, along with a bump on his head. Have you seen how hard he drives to the basket? He said she said gets put to rest when the evidence arises. For now, we wait and see.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

He was playing ball at the Y. Not fighting at the club at 3:00am.

You can question why he was at the Y, but a lot of high school, college, and semi pro players play ball at they Y. It isn't that crazy.

Some of you guys can't let certain allegiances go. This was a misdemeanor charge for a minor kerfuffle during a pick up game. The charges were brought by the kid, not the police.

The college stuff is only about a speeding ticket and a weed charge that nobody knows who's it was.

The poo Cam Newton was involved with in college was more egregious than what PJ did, or at least on par.

I agree PJ needs to stay out of Durham and Greensboro, but some of you guys already have your minds made up because you are State or Duke jock sniffers

Then again, I am a UNC jock sniffer so what do I know. :D

I think a ton of people have their minds made up. I don't - I don't know the guy as well as people here "seem" to - I just don't want to see a talented new Charlotte athlete get in trouble for any reason, even if it is minor and not a big deal.  I'm not terribly worried about it, though.

Nobody wants to see him in trouble. Nobody wants to see him fail. By the same token, it doesn't do any good to make excuses for him. It's not the individual incident. It's not smoking weed. Or driving a felon's car. Or accepting improper benefits. Or punching a 17 year old at the Y. It's the pattern of making bad decisions, over and over again. Unlike us normal people, PJ doesnt have the luxury of waiting until he's 25 or 30 to mature. He has an entire organization that has invested millions of dollars in him. And all they ask is he stay out of trouble. It's not THAT hard. You're not reading bad stuff about Vonleh. Or Zeller last year. Or MKG the year before. PJ needs to grow up fast and realize the incredible opportunity he has. And he needs to take the proper steps to ensure he stays out of the news for the wrong reasons. I hope being around the character guys in our locker room will rub off on him. I hope staying in NC wont end up a terrible thing for him.

Dude, all he is saying is it is funny to see UNC fans blindly defend PJ without knowing exactly what happened.

This is just as bad as seeing duke fans totally overreacting to the situation as well.

Hes not saying anything about UNC, just about the posters on this board.

Why is it funny to see "UNC fans" defending Hairston when "UNC fans" aren't the only ones defending him?

That is why you both are morons. 

He had no point. 

Archived