• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Ed Dickson

Jeff L

As much as I'm excited to have a legit #2 TE, I hope Swole beats Dickson out for the spot. I just can't shake the memory of Ravens fans mocking us for picking him up. I don't even remember the knocks on him specifically, something like he is a questionable blocker or has trouble consistently getting open.

Either way, it'll be nice to have a TE behind Olsen who can catch the ball. Hopefully Shula goes back and watches some 2011 tape for ideas.

As much as I'm excited to have a legit #2 TE, I hope Swole beats Dickson out for the spot. I just can't shake the memory of Ravens fans mocking us for picking him up. I don't even remember the knocks on him specifically, something like he is a questionable blocker or has trouble consistently getting open.

Either way, it'll be nice to have a TE behind Olsen who can catch the ball. Hopefully Shula goes back and watches some 2011 tape for ideas.

He has LaFell-esque hands. That's the knock!

So why would Shula have to watch tape in 2011 for ideas?  He was the quarterback coach and integrally involved in the offense in 2011.  Who knows that he isn't the idea behind the 2 tight ends sets we used back then.  He didn't run it that much last year because we had no one but Olsen that could catch.

So why would Shula have to watch tape in 2011 for ideas? He was the quarterback coach and integrally involved in the offense in 2011. Who knows that he isn't the idea behind the 2 tight ends sets we used back then. He didn't run it that much last year because we had no one but Olsen that could catch.

Chud played TE in college, was a TE coach with Miami, started his NFL career as a TE coach.

Trust me. The two TE sets were his idea.

Archived