• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Shutout

ItsNotGonnaBeAlright

As talked about in the Huddle podcast, many members of the Panthers defense have said that it is their goal to pitch a shutout every game this year. I know, I know, "of course the defense would say that" but something feels a tad different here than just normal confidence speak (confispeak?).

I think this week is one of the best chances this team will have for keeping an opponent off the scoreboard entirely. That said, Tampa was able to move pretty well against us towards the end and two made field goals and one caught TD would have made Detroit a much different story.

So what say you? Will the defense be able to achieve the goal of a shutout, this week or moving forward?

Personally, I say yes and I say it happens Sunday.

Side note: any of you little wimps who think expressing confidence in the team will somehow cause football voodoo to work against us can kindly fug right off. <3

As talked about in the Huddle podcast, many members of the Panthers defense have said that it is their goal to pitch a shutout every game this year. I know, I know, "of course the defense would say that" but something feels a tad different here than just normal confidence speak (confispeak?).

I think this week is one of the best chances this team will have for keeping an opponent off the scoreboard entirely. That said, Tampa was able to move pretty well against us towards the end and two made field goals and one caught TD would have made Detroit a much different story.

So what say you? Will the defense be able to achieve the goal of a shutout, this week or moving forward?

Personally, I say yes and I say it happens Sunday.

Side note: any of you little wimps who think expressing confidence in the team will somehow cause football voodoo to work against us can kindly fug right off. <3

First, anyone pansy that thinks you can jinx a game belong on the bus with only two wheels.

I think that we can, the Tampa game simply put was fatigue.  Let's put it in perspective folks.  We shutout the best wide receiver in the league, we didn't just shut him out, he was a non-factor.  Add to that, his comrade Golden Tate, was neutralized.  Stafford and Megatron are a DEADLY duo and we shut them down.  That's nothing to laugh at or call a fluke.

I've said it here before and I'll say it again, this team is the real deal.  Our defense is beyond scary, it's what horror moves are made from.  Without "H" means nothing to this team, if anything, it eliminates a distraction and provides closure.  I HATE "bold predictions" but I've been preaching this ever since started to post here.  These 2014 Panthers are one of the best teams in the league but not only from a defensive standpoint.  

Carolina has, for many years, lacked that "go to" receiver.  Now, we have about 4 of them including Olsen.  The offense is consistent and the defense makes me moist.  Let's enjoy this season, it's going to be a helluva year. 

I think the Steelers are capable of being as explosive as the Lions, if not more, due to the speed they have on offense.  It will be tougher than many think.  Not saying our defense isn't capable by any means, but a lot of people seem to be sleeping on Pittsburgh, and I don't think that's wise.

I think the shutout is going to be pretty hard.   I think not only do you have to dominate them defensively the entire game,  you need to be up so much at the end that when you are playing prevent that they won't go for the FG.  Posssible but difficult.

There are a couple reasons why I don't think we will get the shutout on Sunday. First is that our punt coverage this year has not been good and the Steelers have a great punt returner that could give them a short field once or twice on Sunday. This leads to my second point in that Pittsburgh's kicker can make a field goal from 50+ yards out and they will get into that range at some point in the night. 

I think the Steelers are capable of being as explosive as the Lions, if not more, due to the speed they have on offense. It will be tougher than many think. Not saying our defense isn't capable by any means, but a lot of people seem to be sleeping on Pittsburgh, and I don't think that's wise.

Sleeping on any NFL team is unwise.

The steelers can beat us. They have a good offense and we all know what Big Ben can do. Sure their defense has been bad but it always possible for a team to turn things around. I don't think we will end up being like the Saints last week but I do feel the Steelers are due for a win lets hope it isn't against us.

Sent from my iPhone using CarolinaHuddle

Archived