• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mike Shula "We cant expect to win many games running the ball 10 times"

Mark S

If we can't find success running the ball and you see it is killing drives...then running should be placed on the backburner,  until the passing game opens it up.    More deep shots to KB, please.

We don't have the health at RB at the moment to  successfully be a power run team.

So they should sit Newton bc Shua called one run?

If DA was in there for that drive he would have needed to call a run too eventually.....bc eventually Pitt was going to to just pressure and play the pass only. Newton got lit up on a short pass attempt. Gotta run to keep a defense honest even if you suck at it.

What is being done exactly? Only thing the ribs are limiting is him running. Most QBs don't do that anyway. I fail to see how that handicaps us vs using a backup

Your first response inferred the timeout was called and a run called because Newton was hurt..now u say something different.

I answered your inference by saying I'd sit a hurt Newton for a play, for a series whatever. Smart teams do that all the time vs. using a hurt QB in to run a key play.

As far as running, Newton is the offense when he is healthy. He can't or won't even roll in the pocket and that makes him a sitting duck. It is simply a matter of time with his lack of mobility, the poor oline, and Shulas play calls for long developing routes before something worse happens.

Cams threat of running is what makes him great. Defenses have to,scheme for it. Well they used to have to scheme for it

I was emphatically against the Shula hire, but once it was a done deal, it seemed appropriate to keep an open mind.

What is going on now on the Huddle is the same kind of group think that damned Greg Hardy. Shula could say "I like puppies" and most here would condemn him for it.

Meanwhile, the other side of the ball had a worse outing than the offense, and yet we don't have multiple threads to roast McDermott and company.

Coming into the year, Shula's problem was being too conservative according to most. We've seen more no huddle, more pass plays on 1st down, and he actually received a few compliments after week 2. Then we lost and he's back to being the whipping boy.

I don't know what else to say. Too many are laying way too much on his proverbial doorstep.

Archived