• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Steve Smith Is ON WFNZ Having A Confessional, Won't Let the Story End

FootballMaestro

Does Smitty expect Rivera to text and call every player that's cut? When he sees you in real life of course he's gonna shake your hand bro. I'm not sure why he's still bringing this up, move on.

Ron actually went to the Ravens locker room to talk to Steve. That's kinda a big deal. If he was part of his departure, I doubt he does that.

I'm pretty sure a good deal (maybe even the vast majority) of what Smitty claims was 'said' to him probably wasn't. It's just how he took it. It's the old 'so what you're really saying to me is' thing.

Sad to see this stuff, but I wan't exactly expecting to hear an evenhanded version of events from Smitty anyway.

Exactly

if steve smith didn't want to be away from his family. he could have you know retired.

i guess that's steve smith being selfish with his millions and his 4 kids and wife. smitty is looking for pity from people like you.

yes i'm going to pity a man that already has MILLLIONS, knows how to invest his money properly, for being away from his family when he could be retired at the age of 35.

gtfo

Like Gross did? Now you're getting it. You'll see Gettleman's destruction soon.

if steve smith didn't want to be away from his family. he could have you know retired.

i guess that's steve smith being selfish with his millions and his 4 kids and wife. smitty is looking for pity from people like you.

yes i'm going to pity a man that already has MILLLIONS, knows how to invest his money properly, for being away from his family when he could be retired at the age of 35.

gtfo

Its hard to retire when you can still do the job (which he obviously can), and when you get let go (how many people has had that happen to?) And you know it and feel you can still perform you want to go out and show them wrong. I can relate to that mentality. Steve has never said it was because of money, and if you made a contract and agreed to it for the 13 years you put in, I'd laugh too if they asked me for a pay cutt

I have never, in my many years of watching football, seen anyone as butthurt about a teams cut more than Aceboogie.

Steve deserved nothing from Rivera, Gettleman, or JR.  He did a job, was paid very handsomely, and was shown the door after they decided his age/baggage/output wasn't enough.

If anything, he should send a letter to Hurney and JR every month and thank them for sticking by him.

Its hard to retire when you can still do the job (which he obviously can), and when you get let go (how many people has had that happen to?) And you know it and feel you can still perform you want to go out and show them wrong. I can relate to that mentality. Steve has never said it was because of money, and if you made a contract and agreed to it for the 13 years you put in, I'd laugh too if they asked me for a pay cutt

Peyton, Montana, Rice, Brees, Warner, etc. The list goes on and on. It's a business. Smitty has every right to be angry, and I would be too, but he needs to understand that this stuff just happens. Can't blame anyone, it had to be done.

Brees was let go to test FA because they just used a top 5 pick on a QB, and he just had surgery.

Warner was let go due to a backup starting to out perform him and he was hurt

Peyton was able to get a conference, say his good byes, and once again had a top 5 pick in the wings.

Most guys who are with a organization for as long as smith was has or had a proper good bye. Hell Jake even did and was with the Panthers for a shorter time

Steve deserved nothing from Rivera, Gettleman, or JR.  He did a job, was paid very handsomely, and was shown the door after they decided his age/baggage/output wasn't enough.

If anything, he should send a letter to Hurney and JR every month and thank them for sticking by him.

^ yep

Archived