• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darrin Reaves

SgtJoo

We last broke down the Panthers’ run game in Week 3, and things have only gotten worse since then. Jonathan Stewart and Mike Tolbert were injured against the Steelers, and DeAngelo Williams was reinjured in Baltimore. So the Panthers are down to a running back-by-committee for Sunday’s game with the Bears.

Fozzy Whittaker is back from a quad pull, and free agent Chris Ogbonnaya was added to the roster this week. But undrafted rookie Darrin Reaves may be in line for his first NFL start.

Reaves had 12 carries for 26 yards and caught three passes for 11 yards against the Ravens, and while we only have 15 pro touches to work with, we can still attempt to examine a couple things he did well last Sunday.

http://blackandbluereview.com/panthers-rookie-running-back-darrin-reaves/

How well do we think he'll perform behind our porous O-line on Sunday? Better? Worse? The same?

What percentage of snaps do we think he'll see? I know it's "the hot hand," but who will that be?

Game looked too big for Reaves.

He only looked set up to fail on one run. The one outside where he was destroyed.

Outside of that he looked to be his own worst nightmare for the most part. He looked to simply fall down and loose his footing early on runs.....we don't need to help teams slow our run.

Let's hope it was first game jitters

No reason to think we will all of a sudden develop a running game. Reaves and Whittaker don't excite me at all. Both seem like projects.

What is the beef with Ogbonnaya? Seems like he put up some decent numbers. 

Oggie played for the Browns.  He might be the next Franco Harris for all we know.

No reason to think we will all of a sudden develop a running game. Reaves and Whittaker don't excite me at all. Both seem like projects.

What is the beef with Ogbonnaya? Seems like he put up some decent numbers. 

As some blog called thescore.com put it last year, Ogbannaya does have a "mild touch of fumbleitis".

Let's hope he is cured of his illness.

My guess is that Whittaker will be the best fit Sunday against the Bears. To bad Ogbonnaya hasn't had a little more time to become familiar with our offensive scheme.

You could be right about tomorrow, but I'm still guessing Obi.  I tell you what: for fantasy purposes, my low risk bet would be a flier on Ogbannaya.  He was picked ahead of Whitaker last year by the Browns.  Kind of funny, a Browns fan commented on NFL.com that all we need now is to summon the spirit of Willis McGahee (well, they didn't put quite like that, LOL) and we'll have the better part of their backfield from last year.

Archived